Friday 16 July 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge #38

As soon as I saw Play Date Cafe's wonderful colour challenge, I knew what I wanted to do.



I stamped and coloured the HA Hydrangea with Distress inks ( Dusty Concord with a dash of Chipped Sapphire and Shabby Shutters) and mounted it on a dark purple card. I spirtzed the whole piece with pearlised water, very shimmery in real life. I added the strip of lime green Bazzil and ribbon and the sentiment. My base card is the lilac ( looks a bit darker in my photo)

After nearly a week of lovely winter weather - cold nights and lovely day, it has been windy, wet and cold today... so the photo was taken on my window sill - at around 4.15pm so not the best.

Have been very busy doing some induction training ( only 3 months after starting the job) with the latest set of recruits. This involved travelling 30 kms each day to get to the Manukau office ( and 30 kms back again in the evening) so a couple of long days...

Have done some cards this week but haven't taken photos.  Mainly copies of stuff I already have made - people have seen my Flickr and asked to have the same one!!!!

Busy weekend as well... 50th party to go to Sat night, lunch Sunday at son's new flat.. and having a friend round for dinner Sunday night.... 

Plus a little something special here later in the weekend.... Please do pop back as I think you'll enjoy...

Have a super weekend all

14 comments:

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn, Your card is beautiful :D - good luck with the challenge. Sounds like you are having a busy week. Hope you enjoy your night out xoxoxoxo

stampingandstitching said...

Gorgeous card Dawn! Love your use of the Play Date Cafe Challenge colours. Your colouring of the hydrangea is wonderful! Sounds like a busy but fun weekend - hope you have a great one!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely use of the colors! Gorgeous card. Sorry about those long days. I hate when I have to get on the road for work. It means no crafting time! :)

Lin said...

Great use of those colors! The hydrangea is the perfect stamp to show them off! Hope your weekend is restful after all that travelling, Dawn!

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Dawn
wana join this challenge too and you did it perfectly Lila and green...lovely color combo dear....hugs...

Anonymous said...

Oh, so lovely! Love the colors and you have created this large bloom beautifully.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Sending you some sunshine your way, hope the weather gets better for you! Love the card, can't ever go wrong with that beautiful hydrangea stamp!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, wonderful coloring. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Virginia L. said...

Love how you showcased that stamp with the color combo! Enjoy your weekend, Dawn!

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Dawn! Love the hydrangea.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Dawn--this is stunning! I just love that big flower! And those bright colors--great combo of details and colors!! Great job all around:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Lynn Stevens said...

beautifully done and your flower looks real!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous card! I really like how you've made it the focal point, perfect for our colour combo too! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Dawn! This is beautiful! I just ordered the Hydrangea stamp and I'm hoping that I can color it with Distress Inks like you! :-)