Thursday 29 July 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge #40

As soon as I saw the Play Date Cafe colour challenge and the wonderful DT examples my mind went into overtime.....
The challenge is Black, White and a touch of colour = GREEN.
This afternoon - prior to seeing the challenge- I had picked up some lovely green ribbon from the $2 shop, simply because the colour was great.
So this is what I was inspired to do -
I started by stamping the lace stamp from Kaisercraft in rows on the white card stock. I matted it onto the black with the ribbon across it.  Next I stamped and embossed the lace  in white and cut it into a circle and matted onto the white scallop.  Notice I altered the direction of the lace - for a bit of focal difference  ( not really, just didn't take much notice of what way I cut the circle!!!)   For my butterfly I stamped one of the butterflies from the Hero Arts Antique Engravings set onto lime green Bazzil and cut out.  Next I stamped it again on Acetate and cut out.  Layered the two together and added some gems.

This is what it looks like close up... really pleased how it turned out.  Have also entered this into Moxie Fab World - Classy and Elegant and Paperplay's - anything goes challenge

Off to do some more in this colour scheme- have drawn myself a couple of sketches - something I have just started doing.

Health wise - my cold is finally getting better and I've had two days back at work.  Only one more then the weekend again - yeah!!!

Thanks for stopping by -

27 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Ohhhh Dawn... This is gorgeous! Saw it on the PDCC and had to pop over to see the details!!! Fantastic! Love everything about it! Glad your cold is feeling better and glad you are off creating more fun!

Lin said...

GORGEOUS with that acetate layer on the butterfly! Well done, Dawn!

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Dawn! Love the way you used the ribbon and butterfly! Wonderful idea to layer it with acetate! Love the effect!

Andrea Ewen said...

Very pretty, that butterfly is just gorgeous and adds such wonderful dimension to your already lovely card!

Julie Ranae said...

Very lovely indeed and just the right amount of 'splash'...so glad to see it in the PDCC gallery!

Pauline said...

Very beautiful, and elegant, love it! xx

Deirdre said...

Dawn, sorry to read that you haven't been well. Love your card. Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay again this week.

Helen said...

This is just beautiful!

Julie M said...

Beautiful card, Dawn - such a lovely colour scheme - and the lace stamping is fab.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Tiffany Ervin said...

So lovely what you did with the butterfly!! Congrats on the HA tweet on this card!

Trinh said...

Oh this is beautiful, Dawn! That butterfly is just gorgeous and just the right splash of green!

Jill said...

Love the green! This is so elegant!

Neet said...

Not surprised you are pleased with the butterfly - gorgeous card - so elegant.

stampingandstitching said...

I'm so glad you are feeling much better Dawn! It's great to see you joining us again on PaperPlay this week. Your card is beautiful and so elegant! I love the way your creted the bg with the lace stamp and your butterfly looks amazing!

Tracy Evans said...

Simply stunning. Love the butterfly with the 3D acetate wings and love how you have altered the direction of the lace background on the circle, works beautifully even if it was not intended LOL. Just beautiful. Tracy Evans x

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

This is stunning, Dawn! I love how you used the lace stamp to make the background-I thought it was patterned paper! And that butterfly is just gorgeous. Good luck with all of the challenges!

Michele Gross said...

Beautiful! Your butterfly is amazing! Great take on the colors!!

Sue Lelli said...

I am LOVIN' your card! Your stamping is FAB! LOVE the circle with the scallops. But most of all LOVE LOVE LOVE the butterfly and the ribbon! Glad I posted my card AFTER I saw yours or I never would have posted!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

So pretty, wonderful dimension on the butterfly! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

donna mikasa said...

This card is yummmm! Love the color combo and your acetate butterfly is gorgeous! Hope you're recovering from your cold--it obviously hasn't affected your creativity! Take care, Dawn!

Zue said...

Your design is very pretty and I love the butterfly. The lacey background shows him to great effect.Lovely!!!!!!!!!
Sue

kari bell said...

love the 3D butterfly!! beautiful card.

Monika Reeck said...

I really love this card from you Dawn...great butterfly and this lace stamp I have too and I love it too....good luck with the challenge dear...Adorable card...

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OMGOSH!! I just love it all:) This is a FAB card! I LOOOOOOOOOVE that butterfly--and I love the papers you used! BEAUTIFULLY done:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Dawn! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Classy & Elegant Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Unknown said...

Just lovely, Dawn! Love the 3D butterfly! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Ruby said...

A lovely card, very elegant! Love how you've done the butterfly and circle, really pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!