Monday 18 October 2010

Today is a Good Day....

Two years on from a Pulmonary Embolism.... and I am well and healthy (thanks to medication for cholesterol, diabetes and High Blood Pressure)  and enjoying life.  To find out a bit about what happened you can read last years post here.  I continually thank the Lord for each day.
The weekend was very special for my hubby as his birthday was on Saturday.  We meet with our two children and their partners for dinner on Friday night.  I can't get over what delightful adults they have grown into.... it was a pleasure to spend a very special night with them.  Then on Saturday morning hubby and son bonded while doing some work around our house.  They built a retaining wall round the side of the house.


While they were doing that, I snuck off to the Dunkley's craft fair.... I behaved myself and although I had a good look round all three stamping stalls and two scraping booking ones, I was good and didn't get anything other than a set of Seasons Greetings stickers.  I did buy some Pineapple Nougat, some spicy seeds, a piece of Gouda cheese and a new iron board cover (for the odd time I actually get the iron out!) so did well.

Saturday evening we celebrated with a barbeque with 2 other couples at home.  We were able to sit outside - albeit with jumpers on.....

Then last night, we went to see "Simply Red" who were playing in Auckland city.  What an amazing concert.  It was an indoor venue and we were on the floor level.... standing and dancing and singing.  I knew just about every song.... Even hubby enjoyed it!!!!  It really was more my musical taste even though I gave him the tickets for his birthday.....

Thanks for stopping by.... I really appreciate all the lovely comments I get. Take care

11 comments:

Lin said...

Celebrating with you this special anniversary, and so glad to hear that you are doing so well! Sometimes it takes something like that to wake us up to what's really important, don't you think? Your weekend sounds wonderful!

Barb said...

Hi Dawn! I just went back and read your post from last year. What an awful, scary thing to have happen! I am so glad you are still here and that I've gotten the chance to know you! Nice to know you are staying healthy now! Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! Hugs!

Sanne said...

Glad to hear that you are doing fine Dawn HUGS Sanne

Anita Rex said...

Happy 2 years! What an anniversary! Enjoyed reading about your fun weekend! :>

Virginia L. said...

So glad that you are well and blogging and creating and that you even travel all over Europe in the last little while. Yes, we have to count out blessings each and every day! Hugs to you!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Sometimes we take life for granted too often, it is not until we have a little health scare that we realise that there is a very thin line that we balance on.
I am so happy that you are blessed with a second chance, and to have such a wonderful family to share it with, I am staggered that you went to the craft show and did not buy anything!!!!
SMILES:)

Kathy said...

So happy you are here to celebrate Dawn and hopefully creating and blogging keeps that heart rate down. Sending hugs your way. You are a gem :)

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Dawn! Yes, today is a very good day indeed! I am so glad that you are still here with us! :-)

Deirdre said...

Dawn, so wonderful that you are doing so well. Hugs to you. Deirdre

Suzanne C said...

What a lovely post! Sharing your DH special day, celebrating your well being and family! :) Glad you are doing well!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Looks like you had an amazing day of crafting goodies and spending time with your boys, love these pics! I certainly do remember your post and what you went through. I certainly am glad you are still with us and enjoying every moment!