Friday 11 February 2011

Some Blog Awards

My mojo seems to have gone on strike this week.... I haven't had the motivation to make anything.  I have been suffering with my back this week and it has me feeling very grumpy and tired.  I even had to spend a day at home  ( didn't even do any crafting) plus hubby hogged the computer on Wed night, entering his works team ( and families) into a local fun run... Round the Bays. It is a 8km run/walk that has over 70,000 runners.... yes you read that right.  Last year it took us nearly 15 mins to pass the start line!  Anyway come 13th March Hapag Lloyd's Orange Brigade team of 26 will take on the hoards...

So no cards to share.... but I have been lucky to have received some awards over the last week or so...

First Up
This award that was given to me the lovely Virginia.
To accept this award I need to do a few things:
1.Thank the person who gave it. Thank you,Virginia.  You are very thoughtful and kind.

2.Copy the award and put it on your blog 
3.List three things which you love about yourself.
   #1. I love helping people ~ encouraging and mentoring as I can
   #2. I love creating and crafting... and will give just about anything a go
   #3. I love being me.... having such a fantastic family and some superb friends/
4.Post a picture that you love.
  These are my two wonderful children. The photo was taken on my daughter's wedding day.  It was so sunny that poor Emma was squinting into the sun. 

5.Pass this award to 5 people--in no particular order
Sue B ~ for being a great and fun friend ( an a reasonable new blogger)

Heather ~ for being so extra specially creative and inspiring 
Isha ~ an new blogger friend who makes wonderful cards

Anita ~ who has the most beautiful children and shares her adventures with us

Tiffany ~ just the loveliest of ladies there is


And then
I'd like to thank Eileen for this lovely blog award.  Eileen is a fellow New Zealander  who comes from my home town of Dunedin ( in the South Island)

In accepting I had to sign up to a few little rules...

1) You have been tagged, do you want to accept? YES! then create a post on your blog and post the love blog photo.


2) Link back to the person who gave you the award and say if you accept.

3) Choose 3-5 of your favourite blogs to tag, link these in your post too and tell the lucky people they have been tagged.


As the aim of this award is to bring unknown good blogs to light, please don't tag somebody with 3000 followers.


The people I would like to pass this award onto are:

Vicky ~ my lovely niece who had three beautiful children ( and a way with words)

Sally ~ a very talented card maker ( an a Hero Hostess!!!)

Nancy ~ whose blog always, always has the most inspiring "Thought for the Day"

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'm off to Stamp'n'create's stamp group tomorrow... first for the new year! so hopefully some crafting will get done, amongst the talking and eating.

 




10 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Dawn, I sorry to read that your back has been at you - I hope it gets better soon.

Congrats on your awards and it's lovely to read a bit more about you. Love the photo you picked - great photo of your kids on that special day. Thanks so much for the award and for the lovely things you said:)

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Dawn I hope you feel better soon and that you get your MOJO back. Thanks for the award I am thrilled, the only hard thing is choosing 3 recipients!!

Barb said...

You're so deserving of these awards, Dawn! I sure hope your back feels better soon! Sending hugs!

Nancy said...

You are one of my favorite bloggers, Dawn! thanks for thinking of me, you are so sweet!
I hope you are feeling better soon and that your mojo returns with fresh ideas!
blessings~

Virginia L. said...

So wonderful to read about you (although I know all 3 already!!, Dawn. Love the sweet photo of your two kids! Hope your back is feeling better....!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh Dawn! So hope your back gets better real soon! I hate back pain! Rest up and you will be crafting again in no time! So sweet for the award...hmmm...I have to think now, hehe! Love ya lots!

Isha Gupta said...

Thank you so much Dawn for giving me my first Blog award. Its so nice to get to know you better. So sorry about your back pain. Hope you feel better. Think positive and you will get your MOJO with all the new ideas.I was going thru it myself last month. Lovely pholto of your kids:)

Vicky said...

Thanks for my award, I have given one back to you because your blogs is one of my favs :) Lots of Love xxx

Suzanne C said...

Hope your back is soon and the mojo returns. Well deserved awards and loved reading the facts about you and your favorite picture.

Anita Rex said...

Thank you so much for the blog award! Your always soo sweet to me! :> Sorry to hear about your back I understand how it can be I have a hard time with my neck! I hope it's better! :> It's hard when you have a no mojo week!