Thursday 24 March 2011

Simply Scrapping and Crafts Card Challenge March 23rd

Thursday again here in NZ, which means it's Wednesday in the USA... and time for another card challenge over at the Wednesday card group at Simply Scrapping and Crafts site.  Please do join us ~ it's a fun challenge set by the lovely Clare. To use only ONE stamped image or sentiment on your card ...and no multiple stampings!  So I pulled out some patterned paper after seeing a card on the wonderful Deborah Nolan's blog ( here) and some of my new flowers and came up with this.
One stamp Wonder


I am a lover of all things purple so took that as my main colour scheme.  The purple dotted paper was in pack of 3 sheets I picked up for a $1 at the craft expo last week.  And the hydrangea strip was a scrap from a Webster's Pages sheet.   I used a Martha Stewart punch on some cream copier paper for the lacey border.  The bottom two layers of the flower are some I got at the Expo as well, top with one I punched.  The leaves are cut from a paint chip with a Sizzix die.

Do pop over to SSC and see what the other lovely ladies in the DT have produced... and enter the challenge.   It's free to join and there is just so many lovely groups there.  Something for everyone.

I'm also entering this into Joy's challenge (over at Less is More) ~ make a card inspired by someone else.  This was inspired by Deborah

Nearly the weekend.... lots to do this weekend... off to the Shipping Ball on Saturday night... bought a new dress....and then off to Hamilton on Sunday for a Memorial Service for Peter's sister...

Take care...


Dawn

11 comments:

Pajalu said...

Wow what a great card Dawn. If I ever get a chance I am definately going to pop over & check things out. Take care, sending hugs xoxoxoxoxoxo

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous card Dawn. Just love everything about it...the colors and that calming effect.

Barb said...

I ADORE this card, Dawn! The design and colors are so beautiful!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Everything falls into place perfectly on this design, Dawn! Beautiful purples - so clean and fresh!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Lovely COLOURS and card Dawn.
Joined the group today probably do next Challenge.
Smiles:)

Gitte said...

lovely card and the colors are beautiful

Michele Gross said...

I love that sentiment! I've often thought that flowers smile :)

Deirdre said...

Beautiful card Dawn - love the colours. Stunning.

Enjoy the Ball on Sat. night. Safe travels on Sunday too.

Clare said...

This is so gorgeous, Dawn! I absolutely love the polka dot paper and the lacy strip of paper! You did an awesome job with the challenge :)

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Very pretty! Hugs.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card! I can see the inspiration from Deborah's lovely card too. Yummy papers and colors!