Thursday 25 August 2011

Tiffany Doodles and SSC.... week 4

This week is the final week of Tiffany Doodle's sponsorship over at Simply Scrapping Crafts... and you have 13 days to do any of this months Challenge.  So what's the challenge.... well it's ANYTHING GOES........
I used a beautiful bird image from Tiffany Doodles for a special "Thinking of You" card.
SSC and Tiffany Doodles ~ week 4 Anything Goes

I flipped the image as I wanted the bird facing the other way.   I used watercolour pencils to colour the bird in.  It's a Wabler, not a bird we have in NZ~ so goggled it to see what colours they are.  I added some Spellbinders Parisian Accents die cuts.  I followed the Lily Pad current sketch so am entering it there too. 

This card was sent off to my SIL in Hamilton.  She needs another operation to remove more tumours... so this is just to let her know we are thinking of her.  We are off this weekend to visit them and the new baby ( her new grand-daughter)

Please come and join us at SSC ~ we would love you to have a chance of winning some lovely Tiffany Doodle digital stamps.

Cheers

Dawn

15 comments:

Vicky said...

Beautiful card. I can't believe that you coloured the bird in, it looks fantastic :) Praying for your SIL xx

Maureen Morton said...

Are you kidding me? This is just stunning - looks like it is from one of those bird field books! Your coloring is fab and that shaded background is perfect. Lovely!!

Isha Gupta said...

Lovely card Dawn. I really like the coloring of your bird. Superb!!!

Barb said...

Oh, Dawn, that bird is just the sweetest thing! Love your beautiful coloring! Gorgeous card!

Clare said...

Sooooo gorgeous, Dawn! I love the die cuts, and that beautifully colored image! I actually don't know what color warblers are usually - I just kinda colored my warbler to fit my card! ;)

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous Dawn, your little bird is beautiful!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Gorgeous Image Dawn and great colour work, there are no wobbles with the Warbler are there!(sic) they come in a blue as well I think.
Smiles:)

Savitri said...

This is very pretty! Love the die cuts!!

Nancy K said...

Wow, Dawn, this is totally fabulous! Your bird looks like it came from an old art book and the die cuts are simply brilliant! I love this! So glad you entered this at Lily Pad Cards! Thinking of you as you prepare for your surgery...sending you really big hugs too!

Monika Reeck said...

Love the bird Dawn and lovely Black on your card, beautifully done dear,and so sorry really less time to see your lovely blog...its cause my school dear...hope u dont forget me ..I always remember u dear..hugs

Lin said...

Love this, Dawn - those Parisian accents are ooh-la-la! I've never seen a warbler, but now I want to - what a gorgeous creature! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely colored image and clean and elegant design. Beautiful!

Brenda said...

Wow Dawn! You have colored that image so beautifully! Lovely card!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love this beautiful image, I'm so partial to pretty and serene bird images these days!

Virginia L. said...

Love the shading and colors!! Simply stunning, Dawn!