Thursday 29 September 2011

Happy Retirement......

My boss, Berys, is retiring in early October and tonight the area we work in is going out to dinner to celebrate.  Of course, I HAD to make her a card.... well I couldn't NOT!

I found a funny image from Bugaboo digital stamps.  Jodie has the funniest images.

Retirement ~

I matted the PP ( flowers to remind Berys that she wants to garden more in her retirement) onto white and then the pearly blue base.  The Stella image was printed onto white card and cut with a Spellbinders Label.  Coloured with Copics and some distress ink.  A very simple card, but I liked the sentiment...as we have a very busy work space and Berys is a VERY BUSY leader.   I also used the PP to make a little gift box to hold a few chocolates

Choccie Pakage


Looking forward to catching up with my team-mates after nearly 4 weeks off.
The last two days have been very busy... I've been quite social.... my girlfriend, Yvonne, had a birthday yesterday and we went out to a lovely restaurant for a girly lunch ( including a nice glass of wine) and then last evening Peter and I went to "The Last Night of the Proms" with the Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra .  Any of my English readers will no doubt know what my evening was like... the first part of the night was beautiful classic music with a Mezzo- Soprano singer then the second part of full of fun.... "Land of Hope and Glory"  "Rule Britannia" - lots of streamers and poppers.... a really fun evening.  I was pleased I managed to cope with the standing beforehand as we had a Canapés and wine get together prior to the show.    Mind you, I did have to have an hours nap earlier this afternoon.  

Thanks for stopping by.... I hope you enjoy reading a little about my life and my love of card-making.

Cheers

Dawn

8 comments:

Barb said...

I always enjoy your blog, Dawn. Love your fun card and adorable, flowery gift bag. Sounds like you had a great night out! I've said it before, but I'm really glad you're healing so quickly and feeling so good! Hugs! :)

Virginia L. said...

LOVE Your retirement card! Excellent choice of the image!! This kind of card always make me chuckle! Glad that you are having fun with friends! xoxo

debby4000 said...

Oh what a brilliant card.
luv
Debby

joy said...

Your boss is sure to love this whimsical card, along with the cute gift bag full of chocolates, Dawn!

Happy you are able to be out and about with family and friends! Sounds like fun.

Anita Rex said...

Dawn I love this card, it's perfect for your boss!!!! And what a sweet box! Your week sounds like so much fun, that concert sounds amazing!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Hehe!! That is one fun card, Dawn! Have fun at the Dinner tonight, hope you all have a good celebration!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Dawn you sure know how to make a person's day. A creative card and a chocolate holder!

Lisa said...

what a great little gift bag! Love the flowery paper and matching card- it's so pretty!
Glad to hear you are able to be out and about again!