Sunday 13 November 2011

Happy Birthday Kieran

13th November 1988.... the day my baby boy was born........ so today he is 23.  Where does the time go?  It only seems like yesterday and he was being born.  There's a bit of a story to his birth.   Due to previous complications it was decided that I would be induced.  So I headed off to hospital on Thurs 10th to have the induction first thing 11th Nov.   Well, the morning arrived and I lay in my hospital bed waiting for the doctors....and waiting, and waiting.... finally they came round and said that Delivery suite was busy so I was to go home and come back for an induction on Monday morning.  Oh well, I thought.... just as well MIL was planning to stay a few days.   So Sunday morning, I'm having a nice rest in bed when the phone goes at around 9.00am.... "Mrs Turley, it's Delivery suite here, we're not busy today, how would you like to have your baby today?"  Yelled out to hubby who was just about to start mowing the lawns.  To this day, he says, if he's started mowing he'd have said WE ARE TOO BUSY!  So off we went, induction done and labouring started.  My Dad was in Wellington (where we lived at the time) so he came over after his conference finished at lunch time.... he had a flight back south later in the day.  Once he left, the nurse broke my waters and at 6.00 Kieran James Turley made his way into the world.  I had to ring my Mum and tell her that when she picked up Dad, tell him his Grandson came 30 mins after he left.  We did have a little scare as he got a temperature as he was being born and they raced him off to the neo-natal unit... all 8lbs of him... in with a set of 4lb twins... he looked a monster.  Still a day or so later, all was back to normal. 

And now here he is....

Birthday Boy


This morning, his Dad and I went out to breakfast with him to celebrate. Here are my two boys...

My boys

I made a card for him relating to his work.... he's a builder.

Builder Birthday.


Used an image from Mo Manning ~ perfect for him.  A nice CAS card... no fuss, just right for my boy.

I had a really neat day yesterday at Stamp Group.... will share more later in the week.... but getting home at 6.45pm and not finding that hubby had got anything organised for dinner... was feeling a bit hard done by.... till he said " I think we should go out for dinner..." which we did... to my favourite restaurant.... a local eatery called Zavito.  It's about 1/2 km from home and I really enjoy the atmosphere and the food.   So a great weekend all round.

Thanks for sharing this  mostly non-crafting post with me.

Cheers

Dawn 

11 comments:

Vicky said...

Love the card Aunty Dawn :) I know that I am not that much older than Kieran but I always remember him as a little boy and can't believe that he is 23! Great photo of Uncle Pete and him as well. Love and hugs to you all xx

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous card for your boy Dawn, my daughter is 23 and like you I can't believe where the years have gone.
Have a great day
Sallyx

Lin said...

What a handsome son you have, Dawn! Love your card for him!

Barb said...

What a perfect card for your son, Dawn! Thanks for sharing the photos - Happy Birthday, Kieran!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Dawn, isn't it amazing how we remember every little detail up until the birth? It's just instilled in our minds, isn't it? Love the lawn mower bit! LOL! He is such a handsome young man and I wish him many more happy years with the both of you! Great card to fit his work too!

Lisa said...

This card is too perfect! What a great image- looks like it was meant just for you son :) Hope you enjoyed the birthday celebrations!

sheila said...

What a nice tribute your blog post is today Dawn. And what a pleasant, handsome looking son you have. I can tell you are so proud of him! Your card is beyond perfecta,!! I cannot believe how much it looks like him! Great coloring!

Deirdre said...

Dawn, Happy Birthday to your son - great photos and great to got to celebrate with him. Love the card you made for him - fab image and brillant colouring. Thanks for sharing.

Maria Matter said...

Happy Birthday to your son Dawn...so handsome!
My oldest son is 20, I find it quite hard to believe since I'm sooo young! lol
Love your card, your coloring is wonderful!
hugs & blessings

Stamp with Angela said...

A great card for your son. Thanks for sharing.

Suzanne C said...

Handsome picture of your boy! Love your builder card it is perfect!