Friday 24 February 2012

I'm Knacked...

that's slang for being absolutely exhausted.... The last two days have been extremely full on.  I have been on a training course for Workplace Assessors.  It was held in Manukau which is a 30 kilometre drive from my workplace.  Yesterday I got to work at 7.30am and got back to the office at 6.05pm~ then grabbed a salad from the supermarket and went to my Diabetes Awareness course.... finally got home at 9.45pm, totally shattered and then had some homework to do for the training.  This morning I was at the office at 7.00pm as the course started an hour earlier.  Luckily leaving earlier meant not quite as much traffic as yesterday.  And this afternoon it took 1 hour 20 mins to return.  I got to the office at just after 5.15pm as I had to fill the work car with petrol ( running on the orange light most of the way home)  I had a few emails and phone messages to work through so a very tired Dawn made her way home by 6.15.  Hence me laying on the couch almost asleep writing this at 9.00pm.  I won't be long out of bed that's for sure.   But despite the tiredness, I'm on a high... the course was awesome.  We learnt how to be assessors, by doing a couple of unit standards and taking turns to be the Learner, the Assessor and the Verifier.  We all had to do a 10 min presentation, mark each other against the standards and mark the Assessor as well.  Of course, I did my presentation about card making.... and it went really well.  I got some great feedback about my session and the two who made cards were quite pleased.... although it took longer than I thought~

So onto a quick share of a card I pulled together earlier in the week.

Elegance in Grey


I was rummaging around in my pile of bits and pieces and found a pre-stamped piece of patterned vellum.  I think I stamped the elegant woman stamp on it ages ago when our group of ladies meet.  I backed it onto white card, so the patterned vellum could be seen.  I had a scrap of the grey card on my desk and just sort of threw it together.  I stamped the sentiment onto white scrap card and backed it with the vellum.

Thanks for stopping by... If I haven't visited you lately, my apologies.... I will try and catch up over the weekend.

Cheers

Dawn 

11 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

Wow - what a ride you have been on, Dawn! But isn't good to get challenged and learn some new things? Hope you can recover over the weekend. This card is so feminine and lovely - love how you used the vellum. Nice!

Barb said...

Sounds like you need a very restful weekend, Dawn - glad your presentation went well! Love this card - so elegant!

And by the way - I love that word - "knacked!" I've also heard Joy use "knackered," and I giggle each time I read it! Hugs! :)

Lisa said...

Sounds like an exhausting week, Dawn- TGIF!!
This is a stunning image- Love it on the vellum!
Have a nice restful weekend :)

Nancy K said...

hey Dawn, i'm tired just reading about your week! at least you found time to make something lovely; i love how you pulled together these pretty pieces into a very beautiful card. hopefully you will have plenty of time to relax this weekend, you certainly deserve it! hugs~

Anita Rex said...

Hi Dawn! That does sound like a tiring few days! I understand how you feel! :> Love your card especially how it came together so quickly! So pretty! :>

Elizabeth Allan said...

Dawn sending you smiles and some extra time for yourself!!! Love the elegance that the layered vellum gives to your beautiful card!

Scrumplescrunch said...

I don't envy you one little bit Dawn, you can keep training courses and such like,, I am so pleased to be out of it all my life has no stress that I cannot cope with and it is just great.
Now onto your gorgeous card, which it is, it makes a pleasant change to see Vellum again.
Smiles:)

Stamp with Angela said...

Sounds like a busy few days and I am sure you are glad it is the weekend. I am sure your presentation on card making went well. I wish I could have been there to hear it. :-)

Lovely card. I love the layers and textures you have on your card.

Suzanne C said...

Oh so elegant and lovely! Beautiful image on vellum and the textured background.

Brenda said...

Grey, black and white - totally yum! Wow, your life sounds like a bullet train!

sheila said...

It sounds like you need to take a loooooong afternoon for yourself to recharge. Wow-you hve been busy! This card is just wonderful. I love the image!