Tuesday 13 November 2012

One image, three cards......

On Saturday at stamp group, I coloured.  And coloured and coloured..... I had printed off Mo's "Shall I play for you"  and I coloured it and made 3 different cards.

My first one

Drummer Boy #2


I coloured this in with Copics and fussy cut it.  I did a similar design to an earlier card I made.   I cut some PP with a Wonky Rectangle die.  I edged this piece with a gold pen.  The sentiment is from Hot of the Press, embossed with gold powder.  Not very happy as the detail didn't come out so sharp as I'd have liked.

My second one

Drummer Boy #3


Again coloured with Copics and fussy cut.  The card base is already pre printed with the die edging.  I added some PP, a Spellbinders die cut oval and the little preprinted panel from a Hot of the Press paper pack

and finally

Drummer Boy #1

This one was coloured with Distress inks.  The card I used bobbled a bit, but it gave a bit of texture to the painting.   The sentiment is from Kaisercraft.  The holly die is from Cheery Lynn and the flowers are from Rosie's Studio.

So three different looks with one image, so different colouring mediums and different colour schemes.

Hope this gave you some inspiration.  I'm really enjoying using these beautiful digital images from Mo's Digital Pencil .  You can visit her Dream Team and see some incredible inspiration


Dawn

12 comments:

Vanessa said...

These are so cute, Dawn! I can almost hear that little dog :) Vanessa x

Pajalu said...

Dawn I love the same image done three different ways. I like them all, but I think the last one is my favourite.

Elizabeth Allan said...

A triple scoop of coloring perfection Dawn! Each one is adorable!

Maureen Morton said...

Wow, are you ever getting to be quite the queen of coloring! Amazing - it takes practice and you have got it down. I love them all, but am partial to the second one with the warm colors and cute scalloped trim. Great cards - and art pieces!

Barb said...

Oh, Dawn - these cards are BEAUTIFUL! I don't think I could pick a favorite - love each one! Fabulous work, my friend! :)

Virginia L. said...

You are quite a card whiz making these art work, Dawn! Each one is special in its own way! I especially love the first one. The way you showcased the image is lovely! HUGS!

Isha Gupta said...

These are amazing Dawn. Love all the 3 cards. Your coloring is lovely too:)

sheila said...

I love that you showed us the same imae done three different ways! Each one is so different from the other...but all three are fabulous Dawn! Your coloring is terrific!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Oh Dawn these are terrific, I like all three for different reasons, your first is beautifully coloured up; it is sharp and bright, and I like the design. Your second has a great Christmas feel, your Bg Pp juxtaposes well with your image.
The third; is much quieter and it has a lovely watercolour effect.
Great work.
Smiles:)
Sue

kiwimeskreations said...

What inspiring cards you have made with the same image. Awesome.
Blessings
Maxine

Karen Dunbrook said...

you rock!

Stamp with Angela said...

All cards are wonderful and all so different, even with the same image. Brillant colouring of them all.