Friday 22 March 2013

Colour blocking

A couple of weeks ago CAS-ual Friday's had a challenge called Colour Blocks.  I made a card for it but realised today, I hadn't shared it here. 

Colour blocking

I won some Unity Itty  Bitty stamps over at Isha's blog and chose this set.  
My card came about by inking up my acrylic block with some Hero Arts shadow inks, spritzing and pressing onto the base card.   I then used Hero Arts Cup'o'Joe ink to stamp the flourish onto the blocks and the sentiment to the side.   Simple but effective.

I've been busy this week, working on some DT work and making some invitation for a 21st.  I got asked by someone at work to do them for their daughter's party.  I used my new HA Leafy Flourish in Starlight Silver Brilliance ink onto grey card.  Looked very effective with the computer script.  Finished with some glittery silver ribbon and silver gems.

A busy weekend ahead... time for a huge clean up of the house before my daughter comes home for a little break.  She is arriving very early on Good Friday morning.  Then the whole family is heading off for a few days break on Waiheke Island.  

Enjoy your weekend.
                                

4 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE your Inking behind the stamping Dawn...so Clever!! xoxo

Greta said...

So artistic & pretty, Dawn! Enjoy your family time!

Lisa said...

I really like what you achieved with the color blocking! The colors work well together and the blocking is pretty and subtle :)
Have a wonderful time with your daughter!

kiwimeskreations said...

Great card Dawn - as you say simple but effective!
Sounds as though you are going to have a great Easter over on Waiheke with family.
Blessings
Maxine