Sunday 7 April 2013

A Penny Black sketch...........

and saying goodbye to my girl.... yes today Emma headed back to Perth.  The last 10 days seems to have simply flown by.  I've enjoyed the break from work and spending time with my family.  We all went out to dinner last night to say goodbye.

Before heading out to the airport I was checking my blog feed and visited Debby's blog and saw that Penny Black Saturday had a sketch challenge.   I haven't used my PB stamps in ages, so I got them all out and looked to see what would suit.


I chose a butterfly from "Enjoy Life" set.

Enjoy life

I used two strips of some beautiful washi tape I got a while back.  I laid the ribbon between.   I inked up the butterfly in Pine Needle distress ink and lightly coloured it with the ink and a Copic marker.  I die cut it with Spellbinders circle and matted it on the green card.  I trimmed a couple of thin strips of the green card and laid then alongside the tape ( thanks to Jennifer McGuire for this tip)  Finished with a green bow and some little black gems.  Quite CAS.

I had stamped a little Hedgie from "Hedgie Friends" and after dropping my daughter off, I pulled together a second card with a piece of My Minds Eye paper I had on my desk,

Bunch of love

This time I made the sketch a bit more landscape. I used the backside of the PP to make my little edging strips.  I used a Spellbinders circle die to cut my Hedgie and matted it with a fancy circle die.   My sentiment was from "Mimi and Miles"   Another CAS card.

This has also been entered into the Penny Black and More challenge~ Blossoms and Bows

And I'd like to leave you with a photo of my children and their partners

My son is the one in the cap.... and my daughter is obviously the one with the striped top.

Back to work for me tomorrow....  have a great week.



18 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful cards...gorgeous images and colours.xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Love those cards - they are both sweet Dawn.
What a lovely time you have had with Emma home - and what a good looking family you have!
Blessings
Maxine

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lin said...

I know the feeling of saying goodbye to your kids - guess that makes us not take things for granted, but it's hard being away from them!

Love that first card, using the washi tapes - brilliant idea and a beautiful result, Dawn!

Lisa said...

Nice cards Dawn! That washi tape is gorgeous! and I love the idea of just using strips to border instead of wasting a bigger piece of paper. Thx for passing on the tip :)

joy said...

Great cards, Dawn! Love the pretty washi tape you used on the first card and the cute hedgie on the second. I've seen Jennifer use those narrow strips on several cards. Great tip!

Glad you had a great visit with your kids at home!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn and great to see a photo of your family, so glad you had a great 10 days with them.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
You will take a few weeks to settle after spending some time with your daughter.
Anyway your cards are terrific and you have made good use of the washi.
I dispute that they are clean and simple, far to interesting and pretty in my estimation.
Ha...
Smiles:)
Sue

stamplover2011 said...

Cute cards and wonderful picture of your kids and partners! I need to pull out my penny black stamps too. I haven't used them for a long time.

sheila said...

your coloring is so pretty Dawn. I lvoe how sweet both cards are...the butter fly card is a serious stunner. Your children look so happy....what a lucky mom you are!

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous cards, fab pic of your family.
luv
Debby

Maureen Morton said...

Fun and fresh-looking cards, Dawn! What a beautiful and happy family! You are so blessed. Thanks for sharing.

Isha Gupta said...

Fun cards and Nice photo Dawn. Your son looks so much like you.

Linby said...

Such pretty cards.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x
DT

judkajudi said...

I'm so happy I finally hunted down your blog! I am a Penny Black fan, too and love those hedgies!! Adorable.

Ellibelle said...

Such gorgeous cards. Love your choice of colors and beautiful sketches.
Thanks so much for playing along at Penny Black and More! Good luck!

susiestacey said...

Two lovely cards Dawn.
Thank you for joining the Blossoms & Bows challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

jenny said...

Two beautiful cards.....love the elegant butterfly one.
Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday x

Jenny xx