Tuesday 30 April 2013

Gorjuss Girl shaped card.


I was very excited to be asked by Adrienne from Scottie Crafts to make some cards for her store.  She provided me some stunning papers from Farm House Fair Skies  to use.  I've made a number of cards which I will share over the next few weeks.

First up is a shaped card I made with the fabulous die Scotties gave me... Timeless Rectangles by Spellbinders.

Gorjuss Girl

I started by cutting the largest rectangle from white card stock. I masked all around the edges and sponged on some Victorian Velvet distress ink.  Using the same ink I added the brick wall ~ a background stamp from Obsession Impression.  To make the card I cut and folded white card the same size as the inside portion of the die.   I then stuck the die cut on the front.    Next I die cut a My Favorite Things flourish and some leaves from Sizzix Dogwood Thinlit die set.  I added a Prima Flower.    My focal image is another one of the Gorjuss Girls from Docrafts  I colour the majority of the image with Copics and used some Kraft Notes PP for her dress.  I have decorated the inside with a smaller rectangle die 



Hope this has given you some inspiration.


7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done Dawn on the delightful card, and on being asked by Scottie's Craft to make some samples for them!!
Blessings
Maxine

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card,love the design...fab colours.xxx

Barb said...

Oh, my! I LOVE that gorgeous die! Wow, Dawn - this is really beautiful!

Arlene said...

WOW... gorgeous. Love that spellbinders' shape.

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Greta said...

Oh how darling, Dawn! I love that Spellbinder, too!

Stamp with Angela said...

A beautiful card Dawn. Love the die. Congratulations on being asked to make some cards for Scotties Craft.