Monday 27 October 2014

A Very Trendy Holiday 2.0

Over at StampNation there is an online class called A Very Trendy Holiday 2.0.  The class includes over 50 very trendy samples and 18 video tutorials teaching you step-by-step how to make these super snazzy projects.  I'm about half way through the class and I'm having fun trying out some of the samples. 

The first session is all about Geometrics.



My first card inspired by Maureen Merritt used some of the chevron's from a Winnie & Walter set.  I put three together onto the block and stamped in green and red Memento inks.  The sentiment is part of a Hero Arts one.    Sequins are very on trendy at the moment so added a few. 


Second card also used a geometric idea.  This one was CASE'd from a card by Gayatri Murali. I used a pennant from a Winnie & Walter set for my trees and a star from the same set stamped in Delicate Golden Glitz ink.  Add some gold sequins and gems.

And for my third card I CASE'd Virginia Lu.  She had used a stencil for her Nordic background but I used a stamp.


I coloured the stamp,  from Simon Says Stamp, with Distress markers and spritzed with water.  I also added some gold stamped sequins.  The sentiment is from Kaisercraft, white embossed. 

I'm slowly working my way through the class... I really want to try every single technique.

Thanks for taking the time to visit me.  I really appreciate the time you have taken out of your day. 

7 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Your Christmas card stack must be getting pretty big! :)I really like that sweater background stamp so much! Very nice cards!

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful Dawn!
You are on a roll!
Thank You for sharing~

Louise F NZ said...

Lovely Christmas cards Dawn, love the designs and colours x.

Monika Reeck said...

there are lovely cards...the second one so festive but I love the third one the pattern remind me of my sweater too great choice Dawn...adorable cards..

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome cards, Dawn! Looks like you're having a really great time in class, too! Thanks so much for sharing them with us :)

Greta said...

Love them all, Dawn--must be a great class! I really like the banners made into trees!

Arlene said...

Cool ideas and love your cards.