Friday 14 August 2015

August CCC

I got a quick start with my August CCC card this month.  My recipient was Emily in Iowa USA so I got it off early to get there before the end of the month.... Well it only took less than a week to get there! So here it is.....

 This card uses stamps that I received with a magazine.  I stamped and embossed them and then used my Zig watercolour Markers.  The sentiment die cut from the same card as the base.  The die is from Britannia Dies.
Edited:  thanks to the heads up from Barb, I'm entering this into the "Make your Mark" at Addicted to Stamps

I bought myself a new computer over the weekend and am coming to terms with the new operating system.  Still waiting for Windows 10 but getting used to Windows 8 and not having a mouse.  I used to have a little digi mouse but now am just using the touch pad.  It's a very touchy single tap pad and I'm forever making my pages smaller or larger by mistake!

Hoping to have some time to do some cards over the weekend.  I'm pretty much up to date with my design work so it will be time to play!

Have a great weekend all.

7 comments:

Doreen said...

Love the fab image,a gorgeous card.xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely card Dawn - love your colours and the die cut is perfect for the card.
I know what you mean about being simply able to 'play' - I have some orders to fill, plus family cards to make so will be busy the next few weeks, but being orders I can generally play a bit as I go :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful coloring with your Zig markers and stunning design, Dawn! Love the sentiment, too!
Good luck with your new computer! I don't love Windows 8, but I'm waiting until after the first patch before I go to Windows 10 :)

By the way...you're welcome to enter your card to this week's 'Make your mark' challenge at Addicted to Stamps, if you like.
http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/challenge-157-make-your-mark.html

Greta said...

This is gorgeous, Dawn! I know Emily is thrilled to have it!

Bobby said...

What a beautifully colored design, Dawn. I'm glad you shared it with us at ATSM this week.

Monika Reeck said...

you really great at coloring this flower stamp
I love the color combo and all on this card Dawn

Shona Chambers said...

Hope your computer is still going well. I'm getting a new one at the end of the week and I'm petrified my husband will lose everything off this one when he transfers my stuff over....eeeekkk!! Your card is gorgeous and just love your water colouring, especially the colours you chose. So very glad you joined us at ATSM this week!