Thursday 12 November 2015

Christmas Quilt

This month's technique for my NZ swap was to use a Geometric shape on the card.  I had a few ideas in mind, but on getting my Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine, I saw a card using square cut into triangles o make a quilt card.  The one in the magazine used 6.5mm squares (about 2 1/2") but I decided to go a bit smaller by using 1 1/4" squares.


The sentiment stamp and the embossing folder I used for the corners, as well as the papers,  came with the magazine.  I used some gold mirror card for the matting and for the scalloped oval and added a couple of enamel dots to finish.

I think there is enough "texture" to enter this into the Texture challenge at Virginia's View

Thanks for stopping by. 

8 comments:

Lin said...

LOVE this, Dawn! The embossed corners and the soft greens are wonderful!

creationsnz said...

this is great Dawn, lovely texture

Greta said...

I absolutely adore this card, Dawn--one of my favorites!

Monika Reeck said...

I believe if Lin love this
she is a Quilt lady
and your card really like quilting
cool effect
and I love this
great idea Dawn
see you maybe soon around
hugs and miss you
Monika

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card!
Love its classy and timeless elegance Dawn!

Virginia L. said...

What an WOW card, Dawn! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All About Textures”! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!

Chark said...

absolutely beautiful, Dawn! love the embossed corners!

Shawna said...

Okay so I scrolling down to see your work and saw this quilt card... All I have to say is WOW!!! So well done, crisp and so clean... I think it would actually keep me warm.. LOL... Adore this card.