Sunday 27 March 2016

Happy Easter

It's Easter Sunday and I am wishing you all a Happy Easter.

I was asked to make a religious Easter card for a friend to send to her elderly aunt.  I made up two cards for her to choose from.

First card used some PP from Couture Creations as the base layer.  I the then stamped the cross by Inkadinkado onto some watercolour paper and cut out with a stitched oval die.  I coloured the stamping with Watercolour pencils.  I added some water to the background colouring. 



My second card also used stamps from the Inkadinkado set.  The embossing folder and the diffusser I used are by Inside Out Embossing plates and folder.  I used Copics to colour the image. 

My friend chose the first card and I gave the second on to the woman I sit next to.  She is very religious so loved it.  

Thanks for stopping by today. 

5 comments:

Greta said...

Beautiful work, Dawn! Hope you had a lovely Easter!

Barb Ghig said...

Two really gorgeous cards, Dawn! Beautiful coloring and I love your embossed background on the 2nd card...so elegant!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Dawn, and so glad that both were appreciated.
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

woooowww I really love the Embossing folder on second card Dawn Really crisp and your card so religious this time Dawn
beautiful both of them

Unknown said...

Beautiful work Dawn😊, very excited to come across your blog using my new Oval IOEplates & frame-it embossing folder!
Cheers Tasha