Sunday 12 June 2016

Summer colouring for Virginia's Challenge

I saw that Virginia has started a Summer Colour challenge over at Virginia's View  and the card I made today fits the bill.   


I took a page from my colouring in book, that I had coloured with Faber-Castell pencils and photo-reduced it.  I trimmed it and matted it onto some blue card.   I added a sentiment from Altenew's Label Love.   I really loved the page I had done and was really pleased with how this turned out.  There are several other pages in the book that will work as well. 

Hope you are all having a great weekend and getting some crafting done.

10 comments:

Betty said...

so pretty Dawn! such a great idea to use your coloring pages on a card.

Dotty Jo said...

What a great idea, Dawn! Your page looks beautiful as a card. I think that's why I've never got into the whole colouring book thing because I'd always want to use the pages for something! Jo x BTW, The Snoopy stamp is called Snoopy's Chopper and it's an oldie from Stampabilities.

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful coloring on your coloring page, Dawn! The use of Label Love is lovely! The soft colors are perfect in every way. Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All about Colors” Challenge!

Monika Reeck said...

woow really adorable coloring your coloring page Dawn wooowww Love love love the color combo
and I see the same sentiment from ALTENEW I just bought it..is it sell in your country too..cool I was bought it in Swiss it is not sell in Germany (SAD ME) I just do catch up hope you like my comment
hugs
Monika

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn this is a stunner. Your colouring is amazing, and I love how you have copied and reduced the page to make the card, and then let it take centre stage.
Blessings
Maxine

Barb Ghig said...

Really beautiful coloring on these pretty blooms, Dawn! Love how your sentiment grounds your design, too...just perfect!

Greta said...

Lovely card, Dawn!

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, this is beautiful Love the colors and the coloring.

Helen Gullett said...

This is soooo beautiful!

Aileen said...

Stunning, so clever how ou have used a page from a colouring book and reduced for a card. eye catching.