Thursday 11 August 2016

Pretty Peony #2

I got around to making a card with my Altenew technique piece


I started with this... but felt it didn't really pop. So I embossed the outline


Made quite a difference I think.   I had this on my one layer card but messed up the sentiment.  So just trimmed the peony out. 


I stamped the leaves around where I was going to pop the flower.  I stamped them directly to the card in Verafine Onyx Black.  I decided to leave them uncoloured to allow the flower to be the focal point.   The sentiment is from the SOA Lovely Notes Collection from StampNation.  Die cut with a Lil' Inkers die and added to some Bazzil card.  Some Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins to finish.

Loved how these turned out.  So much so, that I have ordered some more Pixie Powders in some other colours. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope this has inspired you to get your craft on!

3 comments:

Greta said...

Love how this card ended up, Dawn! The embossed outline & the flower popped over the uncolored leaves--perfect!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful save of the flower,m and the black and white leaves really are the right accent for the flower
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

I wanna try this technique too
so adorable Dawn
love your CAS card
beautiful color combo
I am sorry for less visiting...
I have my mom visit in Munich
also so less commenting and crafting cause she loves to cook and chit&Chat with me so here I try to commenting in the office hehe...