Sunday 30 July 2017

Dreaming of Spring Flowers

Overnight Saturday we had the coldest night and this morning was the coldest in the last 2 years..... so although there was sun today, it was COLD.... got to around 11degrees C. (around 50F) - so I had a play with some Simon Says Stamp Spring Flowers


I stamped the flowers onto the smooth side of some Cason XL watercolour paper.   I used Zig watercolour markers to colour both the flowers and the background.  I've entered this into the Simon Says Stamp Flickr group Anything Goes Challenge and the SSS Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes 
And the "S" Challenge at City Crafters Challenge - S for spring flowers.

Spring is just around the corner now.... our daffodils have came out.


They got a bit beaten up with the wind last weekend.  The snowdrops are out as well.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend... It's almost bedtime for me... just a few more blogs to catch up on first

9 comments:

Betty said...

lovely card for spring, Dawn - this is one of my favorite stamp sets and you've made such a pretty card with it!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow such a pretty watercoloured card Dawn.

Greta said...

I love that stamp set, but haven't used it much--love how you used your Zigs, Dawn!

Contagiously Crafty said...

I chose the same stamp set for my card as well, though I really love what you've done to color them here. Beautiful card and so glad to have found you through City Crafter Challenge.

kiwimeskreations said...

Another beautiful card Dawn - Love the thought of spring - I have some miniature daff out, but the rest of my bulbs are way behind them.
We got down to -6.3 oC Sunday morning, according to my son's thermometer, and -2.9 again this morning....
Blessings
Maxine

Marina said...

Love the big blooms and beautiful colours. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous blooms, luv the watercolor! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

creationsnz said...

A very pretty card and such a spring flavour. CarolG

Brawny x said...

Absolutely lovely Dawn x