Sunday 26 November 2017

Most Wonderful Time of the Year

... making Christmas cards is always the most wonderful time of the year....
I was over at StampNation when I saw Melissa Miller's card using the new Most Wonderful Time of the Year stamp from CP Designs as a focal point on her card.   This is what she made....


And here are the two cards that I was inspired to do.
 





Can you see where I was inspired?   First up was the shaped panel.  For mine I used the corner of a couple of different scalloped dies.  I had a pile of the stamped plaid backgrounds the day my inks and stamps arrived so I pulled a couple out.  I also used Melissa's idea of doing some ombre stamping.  For the green I used Eucalyptus and Green Tea Inks.   I did some sparkle embossing (I can never get this to emboss nicely) and then stamped the little bitty snowflake in the Green Tea.   For my Purple card, I used Flirty Fuchsia and Royal Treatment and some Silver glitter ink for the snowflakes. 

And while I had the StampNation site open, I decided to take up Erika and Ingrid's challenge... to CASE either Erika's card or Ingrid's CASE of Erika's card.... quite the "Challonge"  I chose to CASE Erika's card

 Erika's card above


And my CASE of it.  Using Spa Inks and stamps and dies from the Candy Cane Lane collection (from last year)   You can see I used the same design,. 

Hubby has arrived safely down south and today went for a warm up walk around Lake Hayes.  He sent me this photo today that he took while they were out on the walk

Stunning scenery.  



5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards, Dawn! Jo x

Betty said...

wonderful cards, Dawn - especially love the candy cane card!

Greta said...

Well, I can see you're having fun while hubby's gone! I always like making the sentiment the focal point--lovely cards, Dawn! Beautiful photo from your hubby!

CinnamonSally said...

Lovely cards Dawn and such a beautiful photograph from your hubby the scenery is stunning.

Monika Reeck said...

Love that big sentiment card great color choice too my dear Dawn
and the one with candies so so cuutee love it much
and lovely Lake its warm there
here is 2 degree bbrrr
I miss Indonesia
hugs
Monika