Monday 11 December 2017

Hand made flowers

I recently purchased the Heartfelt Creations 3D basic flower mold...

I don't have any Heartfelt Creations flower dies, but do have some Spellbinders dies and Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia die.  The poinsettia die was the one I did my first try with


They are soooo easy to get the dimension without any effort.  Cut the dies out, lay them into one half of the mold, spritz with water, and then add the top of the mold and run it through your die cutting machine... I have a Cuttlebug and it worked perfectly.  As the pieces dry they go really firm and are great to layer.   

Here is the tag I made with this flower



And here are a couple of flowers I made using the Spellbinder's Rose die






I still need to make a couple of smaller ones and then make them into a card. 

And I got a great early Christmas present.... from my very good friend Suna.... she was lucky to be the big winner in a Spotlight competition and won 2 Brother Scan n Cut machines and 2 Brother Sewing Machines.  And I was extra lucky that she gave me one of the Scan n Cuts - yes gave it to ME!

Here is Suna when she brought it to work today for me


I've got to make some space in my room for this.... so until I can organise things, it will have to stay in the box... but I've been looking at videos and sussing it out.  Thank you so much for your generosity Suna.

5 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Beautiful flowers Dawn what a great gadget and lucky you getting a Scan and cut can't wait to see what you make with it!!

Betty said...

those flowers are really neat, Dawn - and lucky you to have such a good friend who shared her winnings with you.

Greta said...

Wowzer! What a prize your friend won & how great that you get the extra Scan & Cut--enjoy! I've never heard of that flower mold & wouldn't have realized you can use any flower die cuts with it. Your flowers are stunning, so now I may talk myself into getting the mold! So glad you showed it!

creationsnz said...

Such lovely flowers Dawn. Good on ya Suna! Have fun you two. CarolG

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Dawn you have much new things to play with
the mold thing is cool to make your flower looks so real I love it on your TAG looks like a flower made by cotton and Suna sooo kind to you woooowww
how lucky she and you get one from her the Scan and Cuts...
cant wait to see what you make with it you are a lucky girl Dawn
hugs
Monika