Monday 7 January 2019

AECP - Polychromatic.


I've been working on my certification and revisited the class called Polychromatic.  This class was led by Nina-Marie Trapani and is all about colours.... Each lesson took us through different ways to use colour including using one colour only which is where I took my inspiration.


I used some purple card and stamped the flowers from the Engraved Flowers set a number of times in Hydrangea ink.  I then used Prismacolour pencils to added extra colour.  I stamped and die cut the Beautiful from the Simple Flowers set.  I did a inlaid die technique by die cutting the sentiment partially from the patterned piece and inlaying the white die cut.  Finished with some white Nuvo drops.

This class is one I keep revisiting as the ideas and techniques that Nina-Marie taught are so interesting and inspiring. 

And here is another card I made using some new Altenew dies and stamps.  I was inspired by the use of various tones of the same colours. 


To die cut the roses I started with white card stock and blended four pink inks onto them and then die cut the different elements of each rose. These were added to the base with dimensional tape.  I die cut the leaves from a textured green card and added behind the flowers.  The sentiment is from the More than Words set.   Added some Nuvo drops in a Pearl sheen to finish. 

Thanks for stopping by today...

9 comments:

Betty said...

gorgeous cards Dawn - especially love the colors you used in the second one

Dotty Jo said...

Two beautiful cards, Dawn! Jo x

CinnamonSally said...

Pretty cards Dawn.

kiwimeskreations said...

How gorgeous are both cards Dawn, but the purple one makes my heart sing - it's a stunner!
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

Stunning Dawn. Love the colour.CarolG

Virginia L. said...

Oh my, I love your placement with the floral images on your first card! The white and purple contrast is fabulous! Your growth in stamping just kicked up a notch, Dawn! I am so glad that you enter your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Awesome details and design! Super work!

Greta said...

2 beauties, Dawn! I love the second one using that die set I've got, but have hardly used! Gotta change that!

Monika Reeck said...

Both are beautiful
and I choose the Purple one as its my fav color
sweet purple card Dawn
hugs
Monika

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So beautiful Dawn! Both of them!! Love the rich purple. Two gorgeous cards hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo