Sunday 12 July 2020

Border Dies from Altenew.

I bought some new dies by Altenew from my local online store (Krafters Cart) and had some fun playing with a few of them

First up:


This die is called Floral In'N'Out border die.   It is very intricate die.  I die cut some white card and then layered it onto some black card.  The Bold Thanks die was cut from black card with a little surgery to chop of the S.  The shadow layer was cut with some vellum/  The little you is from Simon Says Stamp.  A few pearls and I called it finished.

Second Card


For this card I used the Leafy Border Die.  It cuts the die and leaves the top and bottom connected.  I used a piece of background I had created with some yellow and grey inks and a swiping technique.  I use some of the same background to create the Thanks letters and used some black card for the shadow and the mat around my card.  I added a little sub sentiment from Sentiment Stripes.  I added some 3D liquid drops to finish.

Third card


I used the Floral In'N'Out die again this time with some Altenew striped paper.  I back it with some blue card.  I stamped a happy birthday sentiment and some pearls.  Again a nice and simple card but looking very elegant with this die.

I really had fun making these cards.  I also got the large Circle Hello Die which I still have to use. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope your weekend is going well.  I had a great weekend with a trip north to our friends and a visit to see Grace on our way home.  She is growing so quickly now and I am starting to be able to understand some of her words.  Not bad for 14 months old. 

6 comments:

Lin said...

I was drawn to that inandout die, too, Dawn, and now I'm kicking myself for not scooping it up! Love how your cards with it turned out! Nicely done!

Betty said...

great cards with these border dies - especially love the striped blue and green together.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three beauties, Dawn! Love them all but especially the white intricate floral die on the black - very striking!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn your black and white card is stunning and incredibly elegant! The yellow and grey is also stunning, and the final is also very eye catching - awesome use of the dies
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Michelle W said...

Beautiful cards Dawn.

Greta said...

Gorgeous dies & love all the cards, Dawn! I've been wanting one like the leaf border, so it's going on my wishlist! How fun you got to see Grace!