Tuesday 24 November 2020

Variation on a theme.- Inked Embossing folder

 The other day I made an inked embossed background for a Christmas card - in green ink.  You can see it here.   

So I decided to try out some other ink colours....


For this first one I used Catherine Pooler's Peppermint Spa ink with my embossing folder.  I used some pearlescent paints to colour up my Poinsettia stamp.  I added it to a kraft base.  

My next one uses Catherine Pooler's Royal Treatment ink


For my Poinsettia, I used some creamy gold pearlescent paint.  A few gems finished it off. 

I did another inked embossed background with some pink ink, but it didn't turned out so good as I added too much water to my card base and the ink spread too far.  I will probably use it to do some die cutting.   Waste not, want not! 

Today I had to have an x-ray and ultrascan on my left shoulder as I am having pain in it. I've been having physio but it hasn't been getting any better.   Hopefully I'll get a diagnosis from the tests.   Luckily it's not affecting my ability to craft!!!  Just hurts to reach behind to do up my bra.    

thanks for stopping by today.  I appreciate all your visits.  



7 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Two great cards using your embossing folder Dawn. Hope your shoulder feels better soon , you must be pleased its not affecting your crafting!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two more beauties with that embossing folder, Dawn! Just love the greenish poinsettia and the pinkish one looks amazing too!!

Suze said...

These are lovely Dawn. It is amazing how a change of colour can give such a different look.
Good luck with your tests. I hope you get some answers and can get treatment for it.

kiwimeskreations said...

What fabulous cards Dawn - and great colours you have used too. Pity about the pink, but as you say, it can be used for other purposes.:)
Hope the shoulder troubles can be identified and sorted
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

Great effect Dawn. Always good to get a reminder about forgotten techniques. CarolG

Betty said...

love both of these, Dawn - especially the purple and pearl/gold one!

Greta said...

Love the look of these! You make me want to try the technique again!