Thursday 29 July 2021

Big bold birthday

 Hi there.   It's my day to share at Die Cut Divas.   Our sponsor this month is Birch Press Design who will be giving our winner a $20 gift certificate. 


 

My card today uses a big bold birthday die cut that my teamie, Cindy, sent me.  It's the Big Birthday Sugar Script.  Cindy sent me a couple of the precut die cuts in white. 


 I took the inner die and used some Dark green Altenew ink to colour up.... be warned though - keep an eye on the tiddle.... mine decided to run away and I couldn't find it, hence the black gem.... I had some lovely green patterned paper but it wasn't quite the green I needed so I used the same dark ink to blend over it and the white layer.  Once the dark green die was added to the white shadow layer I added it to the blended background and stamped a little "happy".  To finish a little dark green butterfly die cut.  Loving this mini slimline size. 

Do come and join us for our challenge 

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great idea to colour the patterned paper Dawn - a fabulous card as a result
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

lovely card Dawn - and agree with Maxine about coloring the pp - will have to remember that idea.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Dawn love how you darkened up the green and the sentiment looks awesome..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

Pretty monochromatic card!