Thursday 26 August 2021

The Magic of 3D Embossing

 I've been taking Laurel Beard's "The Magic of 3D Embossing" class at the Altenew Academy.   It's all about ideas for using your 3D folders.  So far I done homework for Day 1 and Day 2.  Still have to watch the classes for Days 5 & 6. Today work was a bit stressful - super busy, so after I finished for the day I took some ME time... no walk just straight into the craft room.

Day 1 Homework 

Day 1 was "Masking"

After embossing the white card with Altenews Decorative Florals 3D folder,I used post it tape to mask of stripes and used three soft colours of Altenew inks (Citric Burst, Soft Lilac and Rose Quartz) I used the mini blender tools - they are amazing and so easy to use.  I had the white embossed sentiment in my extras cup (Laurel calls hers her Magic Mug!) I added it over the lilac stripe.  Finished with a few silver bling. 

Day 2 was Cut it Up.

I took a piece of card stock - scrap of yellow and ran it through the Organic Linen 3D folder.  I cut a strip off and used some Altenew Mahogany Bark ink to colour it up.  I took some fawn card and added the strip to the edge.  I had stamped the Line Art stamp with the Mahogany Bark ink and die cut it.  I used the same brown card I made my base with and white embossed the sentiment from the Line Art set.   I then fussy cut it before adding with some 3D tape. A few rose gold sequins (thanks to my friend Betty).  

Now to watch the next few days classes. 

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Don't you just love that Decorative Floral folder - such a pretty result! I love the masked diagonal stripes you did on it, Dawn! Great texture on card two with the embossed stripe on the the side!!

Betty said...

love 3D folders and love the cards you created - great ideas - and those rose gold sequins are perfect with the brown tones on your second card:-)

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning pair of cards Dawn - great use of the folders, especially where you have masked and coloured the embossed surface
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Love 3D folders & your beautiful cards! I've never cut up an embossed panel, but that's a great idea!