Sunday 17 October 2021

Use a Shape for The Flower Challenge

 The Flower Challenge is one of my favourite's to have a go at.  It's their 5th Birthday too!  


I had added a die cut shape to my card and made a Christmas card. 


I gone for a bit of a non-traditional colour with my pink background.  I took the Catherine Pooler Trellis die cut and cut it a few times.  I chopped two of them to remove the trellis and add just the frame behind the first die cut to give it a bit of dimension.  The little poinsettia are made using the smallest two dies from a Spellbinders die set.  I cut some in red and some in green to make the leaves.  I also cut two little swirls by Cheery Lynn Designs.  Addeda yellow pearl to the centre of the flowers.   I die cut the sentiment with a Britannia Dies Christmas die and laid it diagonally across the trellis.   Was very happy how it turned out.  

We are certainly having Spring weather here... Yesterday was lovely and warm and hubby even went for his first swim of the new season... way too cold for me to consider, but he said it was "brisk"  - then today it's cool and overcast with wind and rain.   Can't wait for the consistent warm of summer.    At least with the not so nice weather I've been enjoying spending some time in my craft space.  A card or two done!

Take care - and enjoy your weekend.  


6 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous pink Christmas card Dawn. As you are heading to summer its very autumnal here, misty and cold. miss the warmer weather already!

Vicky Hayes said...

Haha, not too sure if I'd want to go swimming in 'brisk' weather either Dawn! Love your Christmas card which has a lovely vintagey feel to it with the pink background and the diagonal sentiment. Love the trellis die cut shape you used too. Vicky x

JoAnn said...

Beautiful Christmas card with the pretty trellis and red poinsettias. They look great on the pink background.

Greta said...

Love the trellis in the background & gorgeous look with the pink/red combo!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - just love that trellis and it looks great with the poinsettia trio and the scripty Merry Christmas!! Beautiful card, Dawn!

Cara said...

I love the use of pink on your gorgeous Christmas card! Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge and celebrating our birthday with us. I hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x