Tuesday 26 October 2021

White ink highlighting

 I've had 5 days off work... from last Friday till today.  My work is in close down to allow the last part of our new system to be installed.  It will hopefully be already to start of business Thursday.  I'm signing in tomorrow to do some online training.  But have had a great time crafting over this time.  Got lots of cards made for upcoming design work, watched lots of crafting videos and trying out new techniques.

One of the videos I watched was about using white ink on an ink blended and embossed background. It is by Natasha Foote ( here)  She is a New Zealander and it's great to watch her work.  


Natasha used Distress Oxides for her blending.  I used some Altenew die inks... Heart Beat, Orange Cream and Fresh Lemon.  I used Altenew's 3D Beautiful Begonia folder to emboss the panel.  I then took my Hero Arts Unicorn ink and blended it over the top of the embossing.  It really is very subtle but I was pleased with the outcome.  I die cut a vellum doily and a white circle and added a sentiment.  I finished with some soft pink gems.  

Time to head off to my bed... back to getting up early - even though the trip to work is only 5 steps from the kitchen to my work space on the dining room table!   

Take care 


5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Dawn - love that technique, and it's stunning on this card. Love that you kept the doily and sentiment small so the background really showed up.
As you may have heard, we have had a positive case pass through town, stay overnight, and visit eateries, enroute from Te Awamutu to Rotorua to fly south... so not impressed!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Chrissy said...

What a beauty Dawn, gorgeous colours and love the embossing and card design..I love watching Natasha as well, she has great ideas..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow, that ombre effect is delish! Beautiful creation hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Greta said...

Good for you getting all that crafty time in! This is such a beautiful card--need to try that technique!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Yummy ink blending on your embossed begonias, Dawn, and I love the effect of the unicorn ink over top!!