Sunday 22 October 2023

Retro Christmas....

 Hi there.  I've got three cards to share today... all using the same theme of "Retro Christmas"  

I picked up a Retro Santa die from my local stationery store.   It was a freebie from a 2021 magazine - they were selling it for $3.99.  

Yesterday I snuck into my craft room and did the die cutting.   I tracked down the magazine and issue number and downloaded the free papers and sentiment toppers.  I CASE'd a square card on the web site. 


I started by printing the three papers I wanted and the sheet of sentiments. Then trimmed the papers to fit a 5" square card. I die cut the frame from Gina K Master Layouts #12 and some American Crafts glitter paper.  I used the same die to cut out the centre from the stiped paper.  I cut out the hat for Santa from red glitter paper and the fur around the hat, the eyebrows, beard and mustache from white card.  The face was cut from an off white card and I added a little pink Copic for the checks and a little fawn for his nose and mouth.  Used green and red glitter to add the Holly and Berries to his hat.  The sentiment was printed and trimmed and layered with red card.

My next two cards use some of the papers I printed and both use some rub-ons from 49th and Market's 2023 Christmas Spectacular Classic rub-ons.  

First one is another Santa 

s

I trimmed the printed paper with Gina K Master Layouts #1 and it's layer die in red.  I took some white card and used the Santa rub-on and then used some Spellbinders Nestibilities ovals and scallop ovals dies.  The sentiment was from the rub-ons as well.   A few red gems finished this one.   

and the third one used a Poinsettia rub-on


Again used the printed paper and some off white card to add the Poinsettia and the sentiment rub-ones.  A few gold pearls from Pinkfresh Studios.  A quick card using these gorgeous rub-ons.  

Tomorrow is another day off for me... It's a national holiday here in NZ to celebrate Labour Day - which commemorates when the 8 hour working day was legislated over 100 years ago.   A sleep in day for me... and then some crafting!   Plus booking my flights to Perth for April next year!

Hope you had a crafty weekend.


3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn these are gorgeous.. love those rub-ons, they have made a pair of stunning cards using the digi papers.
You are very early booking your flights - and particular reason for April?? I am hoping to go to the Gold Coast about then, like you, to visit family.
Enjoy your sleep in and day crafting
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful cards with that die and downloaded papers, Dawn! Especially love the vintage Santa on card two but they're all gorgeous!!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn, love the images and traditional colours..

Luv CHRISSYxx