Friday 24 May 2024

Eclipse Background...

 Well I haven't been about for a bit!   Last Friday I had what seemed to be the start of a head cold.   I had a sore throat and a bit snuffly.   Over the weekend it simmered along and on Monday I was feeling really stuffy and coughing so much... had a day off - did a Covid test - negative.   Headed into the office on Tuesday but was feeling so bad, I came home at lunch time - Tested again   AND POSITIVE this time!  Yes I have COVID.   Roll on Friday - and I am still suffering symptoms. - runny nose, cough, sore throat and still testing positive.   My days have been spend sleeping and reading.  Haven't even had the energy to craft.   So today I am sharing a card I made about 10 days ago - for my local little swap group.

Maxine set our challenge - make an eclipse background!   Using a cover-plate.


I have to say, this one caused me a few headaches.  I really struggled.  First to find a cover-plate that would work.   Then trying to glue a few layers together to get a good look.   Anyway, here's the final result.  I used a Gina K stamp and a Penny Black cover-plate.  Added a foiled sentiment from a Spellbinders set. 

I did make a card on Monday afternoon but haven't had the energy to photograph it.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel a bit better and get it photographed. 

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So sorry you've caught Covid, Dawn - hope you're feeling better soon!! Love the black/white card with the background eclipse!!

Dotty Jo said...

I do hope you are soon on the road to full recovery, Dawn. Covid sucks. Love your elegant card, and how much do I need that cover plate??? Hugs, Jo x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Dawn,love the background and delicate floral die cut, very pretty.. what rotten luck to get covid take care and get well soon..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Arlene said...

WOW. Incredible. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Greta said...

Such a bummer you have Covid! I can certainly sympathize. My ears are still plugged and it's been over 6 weeks. Hubby still doesn't make through the night without a coughing spell. But at least we have our energy back. Absolutely love the look of this card. A friend recently did one and I completely forgot I wanted to give it a try, but you've inspired me!