Wednesday 15 May 2024

Playing with Plaid at Christmas Kickstart Challenge

Loving the latest challenge at Christmas Kickstart Challenge.   I love Plaid on Christmas cards.  So I pulled out a Plaid Background stamp and stamped some backgrounds.   And made two cards. 


For this one I stamped Catherine Pooler's Plaid Background stamp with Peppermint Scrub ink and die cut with Gina K Master Layout 2.  Used a  Navy mat and to cut the oval from Master Layout 1.  The little deer is from a Magazine Freebie (mag purchased in 2017!) I took some light brown inks and swinked it onto some white card.  I die cut the deer and then stamped the deer in a darker brown using the negative pieces as a jig.  Makes it easy to get the stamp lined up so well.   Stamped the sentiment from the same free stamp set, in Versafine Onyx Black ink.  Added the panel to a kraft card base. 


For this one, my Plaid Background was stamped wth Catherine Pooler's Rockin' Red ink.  I trimmed the panel and added some navy card mat.  My focal image is a digital image from Mo's Digital Pencil called Shall I Play for You   I've had it for over 12 years!   Great to print and colour again.  I used Zig Markers this time around and fussy cut it out.  My sentiment is from a Kaisercraft set called Christmas Quotes... an other older set although this was the first time I used this sentiment from the set.    

So two more Christmas cards for my stash.  Happy about that.  

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful use of the plaid, Dawn, and two fabulous cards - both are beautiful
Blessings
Maxine

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn. I have the very same freebie stamp myself and very nearly used it for this challenge - great minds think alike! Gorgeous stamping and colouring. Thanks for joining Gail and me at Christmas Kickstart, big hugs, Jo x

Chrissy said...

Two fabulous cards Dawn, gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fab cards with plaid, Dawn! Love the stag head on oval for card one and the sweet digi drummer boy w/dog on card two!!

Greta said...

These are wonderful, Dawn!

ionabunny said...

Ooooh, double bubble. Love the elegance of the craft card and the sing along is so cute. Great plaid stamping. Thanks for joining the Christmas Kickstart challenge. Hugz