Thursday 22 August 2024

Animal Antics at Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

This month at Christmas Kickstart, the challenge is "Animal Antics"  - they want to see animals playing in the snow. 


Hubby tidied up the storage space under the stairs that is accessed through my craft room and made the access to the set of storage drawers that are in there, much easier.  Lots of old stamps are in there including lots of freebie sets from magazines.   So I had a look and found a freebie set that had some penguins and a seal as well as a polar bear.   I used the two penguins and the seal to make my card.


I stamped the little critters and then masked them while I used a hill mask I made, and blended some blue ink to make my snowbanks. I removed the masks and used some alcohol markers to colour them in.  I added some Nuvo Crystal drops in Simply White along the edges.  The little snowflakes are from another magazine freebie - stamped in a soft blue ink.  The sentiment is from the same freebie set as the critters.

Another Christmas card added to the stash.   Time to do some card making other than Christmas cards!


 

7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling critters on their slippery slopes, Dawn! Love the falling snowflakes too!!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous,fun and very cute card Dawn..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

Adorable card, Dawn! Absolutely love the look you got with the white Nuvo Drops!

Arlene said...

Those slopes look really really cold there with that light blue green shade to them. What a totally fun card.

papierelle said...

Really cute card and adorable done!! Thanks so much for joining Jo and me at Christmas Kickstart!! Gundi

Dotty Jo said...

Aren't they adorable! Love the happy scene you've created. Thanks for joining Gundi and me at Christmas kickstart, Jo x

creationsnz said...

Such cute lil critters Dawn. and a great way to make snow hills. CarolG