Friday 18 October 2024

Happy Birthday to my Hubby

 Wednesday 16th was my hubby's birthday.   I had made his card the evening before but we've had two busy evenings since - so I'm only getting around to sharing it.

On the day, we went to drinks and nibbles with some of his old workmates (from 7 years ago!) and then went to the a local Japanese restaurant for dinner.   It's in the local "village" at Mairangi Bay.  The food is amazing and so beautifully presented.   

And last evening, our friend's Yvonne and Michael, invited us around to their house for dinner.   Yvonne had cooked lamb rumps and roast veggies and a lovely salad.   Such a nice treat.  

Here's the card I created for him. 

This is a little 4.25" x 4.75" card in some muted masculine colours.   I used some lovely patterned paper for the background.   The stamp is a Tim Holtz/Stamptember from 2014 coloured with Tri-blends.  I added a little Happy Birthday at the top of the stamp.  

Here's our meal from the other night. 

It was yummy and so filling.   Hubby even said he struggled to finish his Tempura and I definitely didn't finish my Teriyaki Chicken.  

The weekend is here so hopefully time to play with some more of my goodies from last weekend.   


No comments: