It’s time to share my cards for this month’s challenge at Die Cut Divas, where our theme is “White on white with one colour.” We’re lucky to have Birch Press Designs sponsoring the challenge this month, and if you love beautiful dies, they have some wonderful designs to explore.
For the focal image, I used an already stamped and cut
Couture Creations Ringing Bells image, which I had cut with my Scan’n’Cut. I
coloured the bow and clappers with red pencils, then added Star Dust Stickles
for texture and sparkle without introducing another colour. The sentiment came
from the LDSR Christmas One and Go stamp and die set, which has left me with
lots of extra sentiments ready for future cards.
While I had the hot foil plate out, I also cut some red foil and created another card panel.
For this card, I wanted the focal point to stay white on white, so I die cut the Spellbinders Poinsettia and built it into a layered flower. A small red glitter dot in the centre tied it back to the one-colour theme, and I stamped a Merry Christmas sentiment in red ink before clear embossing it. A few more red glitter dots finished the design beautifully.
I really enjoyed finding ways to add texture and interest
while keeping the palette so limited. White on white can be such a lovely
challenge, especially when that single pop of colour is used thoughtfully.
Do come and join us at Die Cut Divas this month with your white
on white with one colour projects. Just remember to use your die machine to cut or emboss. We’d love to see what you create!


1 comment:
WOW Dawn these are fabulous - two totally different cards using the one plate - that is so creative! I love the second one in particular
Blessings
Maxine
Post a Comment