Sunday, 4 October 2026

One-Go Briar Blossom: Two Cards from One Beautiful Set

Yesterday was World Cardmaking Day here in New Zealand, so of course I spent some time in my craft room making a couple of cards. I can’t share those projects just yet—but I do have two cards from Thursday afternoon to show you today!

My order from Krafters Cart, a New Zealand online company, arrived on Thursday, and I couldn’t wait to try the coordinating set I’d purchased: Altenew’s One-Go Briar Blossom. The set includes stamps, colouring stencils, a one-go die and a matching embossing folder—and it was totally worth the cost!

The floral stamp is a single design featuring three flowers, two buds and four leaves. I stamped it in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink, then clear-embossed the image. For the stenciling, I used Altenew Enchanted Garden inks on the flowers, with Limeade and Fresh Leaves for the greenery. Next, I used the coordinating one-go die to cut all the images at once. Lining everything up in the embossing folder took a little fan-dangling, but the finished texture was beautiful. Best of all, I ended up with enough flowers and leaves to create two cards.

For the first card, I die-cut lilac cardstock with Gina K Master Layouts 2. I deepened the edges with the darkest purple from the Altenew palette, then added a little stencilling using Montarga Scripty Words. A pre-cut lacy oval from Gina K Master Layouts 12 worked perfectly against the background. I arranged two florals and several leaves around the oval, then finished the design with a gold-embossed sentiment from the Altenew Classic Sentiments stamp and die set.

 

For the second card, I used the remaining die-cut florals and leaves and took a cleaner, simpler approach. I masked a section of the card base with 1-inch tape, then added soft ink blending using only the residual ink on my blending brush. With a ruler and gold gel pen, I framed the blended area before stamping a sentiment from the One-Go Briar Blossom stamp set. Flowers and leaves in opposite corners completed the design. I loved the simplicity, so no further embellishments were needed.

While the stamp was out, I stamped and embossed it twice, which left me with another panel to colour. I worked on that today, so look out for a completely different take later this week!

Entering the top card into Darnell's NBUS challenge - first outing for the One Go combo.  

I hope you found plenty of time to make cards over the weekend. I always think of it as “World Cardmaking Weekend”—one day simply isn’t enough!

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Two beautiful cards Dawn - what a fabulous set that must be!
Love how you have used it with the various shades of purple. My favourite one is the second one
Blessings
Maxine