Thursday 6 January 2011

Inspired by Hero Arts

I get a lot of inspiration from the Hero Arts blog, Flickr group and now their newest catalogue.  It is wonderful.  This month part of the Blog challenge is to be inspired by something you see in the catalogue.  On page 9 there is a beautiful card using the wreath from CL499 Special Note of Thanks set.  As I don't have this set, I improvised.


I used my wreath of leaves and added some tiny punched flowers in pink, dark pink and green. The lower portion is a piece of background card I made with Liquid pearls and distress ink ages ago.  The sentiment is also from Hero Arts - one I've had for a long time too... still a goodie though.


And I also want to say a big thank you for the lovely cards I received from my friends this past Christmas..... some from Flickr friends and some from my own stamp group friends.
Christmas Cards from my friends

top layer: Anne, Ivy, Arlene
2nd layer: Sue, Glenda, Sandie
3rd layer: Lei, Helen and my Mum and Dad.
and this wonderful tag from Jacqueline
Thank you all so much.

My mind is full of ideas after seeing all the beautiful work on the blogs, Flickr and all the other places I visit....so today ( being a bit cloudy) I will have some "play" time.  Love being on holiday when hubby is back at work... can play to my hearts content!!!  ~as long as his dinner is cooked!!!!!!!!  Take care

11 comments:

Nancy said...

I love how you improvise...your inspired card is beautiful! I'm so glad you shared the lovely cards you received, each one is a treasure.
Enjoy your free "play time", I will look forward to more inspiration...
blessings!

Isha Gupta said...

This is so so so pretty Dawn. Love every detail of it. TFS.

Pajalu said...

Wow Dawn what beautiful cards you recieved. Your inspired by card is amazing. I love what you did with those flowers it looks amazing. Good luck with the challenge xoxoxoxo

Barb said...

I said the same thing to myself this morning, when my hubby walked out the door. Love having the house to myself all day to play! I adore your wreath card, Dawn! The added, little flowers look wonderful! Lovely cards you received for Christmas! Each one so special! Have fun today!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous card. Love how you created the effect along the bottom.

Scrumplescrunch said...

You received some lovely cards Dawn.
So much inspiration to draw on.
The wreath card is lovely.
Smiles:)

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is really amazing Dawn! I love the supple feel of the pretty colors! Great that you made your own little flowers to improvise! Love all the cards from our crafty friends!

Monika Reeck said...

what a lovely colors Dawn...love the pink on the end of the card stock looks shiny...hei did you get my card dear...I hope so :) Happy new year my lovely Friend and I am so sorry that I am not around on the blog land but I have you still in my heart...hugs

Anita Rex said...

Great improvisation! Such a lovely wreath! Love the punched flowers on it! :> And lucky you with so many nice cards in the mail!

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

This wreath is absolutely gorgeous, Dawn! I love those soft colors. Just beautiful!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Dawn! What a pretty wreath! I like the soft colors and the gorgeous sheer bow! And thanks so much for including my card in your montage! I appreciate it! :-)