Sunday 23 January 2011

You know you are are stamper/card maker when............

you dream about making cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes last night I dreamed about making a card.... it had a Tim Holtz birdcage die, some distress inks..... but that's all I remember!!!!!!!!!  Honestly....I can't think why other than subconsciously I wanted to take part in Barb's 90 minute challenge.... it started at 6.00am my time and I was still snoring my head off!!!!

Now talking about the challenge ~ it was "Frame It"  and you should see the wonderful entries.... go here to have a look.  I was inspired by the idea of framing that I made a card this afternoon....
Valentine's card ( WMC#40)

 I was inspired to try a frame I saw on Gina K's Stamp TV as well as all the beauties this morning..
 This card is really simple.  I masked off the edges of the base card with masking tape and stamped Magical background in Dusty Concord distress ink.  Once I removed the mask I edged the panel with a fine black Sharpie.  My centre circle is cut from some PP which is layered onto a white circle.  The fancy edging frame is made by cutting 3 Fancy Tags from Spellbinders, cutting each in half and laying round the circle.  I then cut out a CB little tag and stamped part of a sentiment from a HA set - it was Just for you but as you see that wouldn't fit so I just inked up the last two words.  Added gems at each end.  The whole panel was then popped up on dimensional tape.  
I have decided to enter this is into a number of challenges:
Wee Memories  ~ anything goes
Hero Arts ~ masking
Pile it On Challenge ~ anything goes
Simply Create ~ Use your punches

Today is a rather wet and steamy day so staying inside to make cards and check the blogs is in order.... I had left a bucket outside after washing the floors and this morning it was half full.... that's a lot of rain.... currently not raining but very very steamy.  Hope the tropical storms pass quickly.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for leaving all the lovely comments ~ they are much appreciated.  Take care

12 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the frame around your lovely masked area. Love that you are having warm weather when we are below zero. :)

Barb said...

I love the creativity that went into making this card! Beautiful frame, Dawn! And I'm so glad, even though you didn't play, the theme of the challenge inspired you! Hugs!

Pajalu said...

Wow Dawn this is one beautiful card. I love it. Good luck with all the challenges xoxoxoxoxo

Pajalu said...

Wow Dawn this is one beautiful card. I love it. Good luck with all the challenges xoxoxoxoxo

donna mikasa said...

What a framed beauty, Dawn! And I love your dream. At first I thought you said Tim Holtz was in it....that's my kind of dream!

Lin said...

Yes, I dream about making cards, too, or think about putting one together in my head if I can't sleep :) LOVE how this came together!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

I saw this on your flicker pics, and I was wowed with it then. You dream about cards, here I am at 3am typing this comment!!!!!!Do you think we are sick???
Smiles:)

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Dawn I know what you mean about dreaming of cards, I have some important card making deadlines to meet this week and I just keep dreaming about my creations. Its certainly playing on my mind! LOL. Love your frame card by the way!

Anita Rex said...

Your not the only one who dreams about making cards! I do it ALL THE TIME! LOL! I love your card today, love that scroll frame, so pretty!

Virginia L. said...

Love your Framed-themed card, Dwan! Beautiful design for the challenges!! And you are not the only one that dreams and thinks about stamping and cards...you know what I do when working at Dr. John's office? Heehee!

Nancy said...

Hi Dawn...I also dream about card ideas and designs, I'm glad to know I'm not the only obsessive card maker.
I love your frame card...beautiful colors and layers, wonderful job!
bless you, my creative friend...

stampingandstitching said...

Oh Dawn, this is stunning, gorgeous and so romantic looking! What a wonderful idea for making the frame - I thought it was a new die!