Friday 3 April 2015

Butterflies in the Garden

Happy Easter all.

Today I have two cards to share with butterflies.  I LOVE Hero Arts Butterflies and the stamp and die set I used are really awesome


As you can see there are lots of die cuts and layers with this one.  My background was one I made in the weekend.  I used Hero Arts Square Pattern (CG453) first stamp in Cracked Pistashio distress ink then in Chipped Sapphire ink slightly set off.  The Butterfly is from a stamp and die cut set called Antique Flowers and Butterflies. (657773) I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire to fussy cut the butterfly, then use the die to cut the white layer and then fussy cut around the outside of the die in vellum.  I then cut a Spellbinders circle to layer it onto.  Sentiment is on a Simon Says Die cut and is from Find Joy (CL497)


This one uses the same HA butterfly with a Quietfire Designs sentiment and the frame is a Couture Creations die.  The background is watercolour paper that has been painted with Pearlescent paints.  I put the pinks and greens in the right hand corner as I knew that was where the die cuts in the frame are.  The rest of the background is pale blue.  I used Distress Markers to colour the butterfly then die cut.

These can also been seen over at Die Cut Divas where Hero Arts is our sponsor this month



7 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn! Love that awesome background on the first one!

Arlene said...

Just gorgeous. I love both cards. I've always loved that butterfly. I saw Jennifer McGuire's video too and here you put the technique right into action. Beautifully done.

Dotty Jo said...

Still my most favourite butterfly stamps! Gorgeous cards, Jo x

CinnamonSally said...

Love those butterflies Dawn, gorgeous cards!

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn these are stunning - I love the background in the top one, and the layering of the butterfly is stunning.
The background on the second is so gentle and elegant.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Oh how beautiful, Dawn! Love your cards--especially the first one!

Monika Reeck said...

oh I love your background on the first card so adorable and so clever made and I love always that butterfly Dawn the second one elegant love that sentiment...lovely made Dawn