Thursday 16 July 2009

Thinking of you hearts

I was so impressed with the Thinking Inking videos by Jennifer McGuire over at 2peasinabucket, that I went out and bought 4 colours of alcohol ink and a pearl fixative so I could practise what I had seen. I have always like what I have seen of Alcohol inks but they are really hard to get in NZ - it is expensive for places to import them because they are highly inflammatory. Anyway popped into Stamp'n'create and got them yesterday. My son made me three little blocks so I could use for the felts - they were just perfect.
I had some wonderful backgrounds and used two to make this card. I used blue strips with Old French writing stamped in Sepia Archival ink and one blue and green mixed to punch out the hearts. I used some chalk ink in green and blue to edge the white card and layered on a baby blue card base. The sentiment is from HA sparkle clear set.
I really love the look of the alcohol inks and will definitely get some other colours as soon as I can afford it.

New Zealand made world news today - a 7.8 earthquake in the lower South Island. Luckily no where near me, but a big thanks for all the concern shown by my HA friends.
Thanks for stopping by

3 comments:

Pajalu said...

Dawn so glad that the quake wasn't anywhere near you :) This card is stunning, I just love everything about it. So wishing I had sound on my computer so I could at least watch the videos *sigh*

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! So glad you and yours are safe and sound! Beautiful card! Love those alcohol ink hearts! :-)

Tomo H. said...

Dawn, I'm with Paula and Anne, so glad to know you and yours are safe.
You made such a lovely card to use alcohol inks. Alcohol inks are hardly to get in here, too. And the custom tax is expensive. You're so lucky. Your DS is really sweet!