Sunday 6 September 2009

Saturday stamping.

Yesterday was stamping group at Stamp'n'create.  I did quite a few cards.  I re-did the tie card and the gramophone card I made last week as I like them so much.  I also did a beautiful bird card inspired by one I saw in Australian Cardmaking, Stamping and Papercraft magazine.  I pretty much followed the instructions but used slightly more muted colours then the original.  I also had to adapt my branch as I did not have the right stamp.  I changed the flowers as well, cutting out small stamped flowers.  I was really pleased with the results of this one.  I also managed to do a couple of baby cards - very simple ones using patterned papers and some old stamps ( ultra cheep and nasty but did the trick)  We did a make and take as well, which was the Christmas card with the vellum overlay. I cut out the middle of the overlay and stamped my image in the middle.  I also made a box from a set I bought after Jill's demo.  So you can see it was a very productive day.

Hubby has now done his dash with trips down south... he left at 4.00am Friday morning to go to Levin for the last time and clear up the last of his mother's things.  Her flat has now sold and change of ownership is next weekend.  He has now cleaned everything up, got rid of most of the furniture to St Vincent De Pauls for charity, and bought some stuff home.  He took the trailer down with him.  Got back late last night.... tired but glad it is now all over. 

Thanks for stopping by. Hope everyone has a great week.

3 comments:

Pajalu said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn :D. I really love the birds on the branch. Very pretty.

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! My favorite is the one with the birds. Looks so cheerful! And I love how there is a different color under the branch. :-)

Tomo H. said...

Sounds like you have a lot of fun every weekend.
So many lovely cards, Dawn! Love the cards you shared with us on Aug. 30th, too!