Sunday 13 December 2009

Oh Christmas tree , oh Christmas tree....


That's how the song goes.... well today we got the Christmas tree and decorated it.  Just love the smell of a real pine tree.... nothing says Christmas more than that.... It is a great tree...quite tall though... so tall we had to lop off the top to get it inside.  As you can see - no themed tree for us... we have quite the eclectic lot of decorations... but each one has it's special meaning.   I have now got a whole pile of presents under it just waiting for the big day.














Yesterday was my Stamp Group at Stamp'n'create - our last one for the year.  These are held every 2nd Sat of the month and we take a shared lunch... well two of the ladies (Sharon and Ann) made the most amazing cupcakes for our lunch.  Ann used Mellowpuffs to make mini Christmas puddings and Sharon did lovely green and red sprinkles on her cupcakes.  Just wonderful.  We did do some card making ( not all eating)  I did a few cards using designs I already had done, plus I took two digi images I had printed to make into cards.  I used  the Seasons Greeting Collage from Hero Arts and made two cards with it.

So now I finally have all 12 cards completed, inserts typed, envelopes addressed and all set to take to the Post Office tomorrow lunch time.

Time for me to head off to my bed now... it's been a busy day and an busier weekend.  Only 11 more days and then Christmas...... don't you just love it!!!!
Take care and have a great week.  Thanks for stopping by and many thanks to all of you who leave such lovely comments.  It really makes my day.

9 comments:

Lin said...

Great post today, Dawn.....love that you shared your tree and the goodies! I miss the smell of a "real" tree, but since our boys moved away, DH and I just cannot handle a big tree anymore, so we have one of those that come apart in pieces.
And I love that collage image on your cards; one of my faves. It makes for a fast card when you need one!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Fun stuff, Dawn!

Suzanne C said...

The tree looks so very pretty and the cupcakes scrumptios and love the two cards!

Deirdre said...

Dawn - lovely to see a photo of your tree and cupcakes - super cute. Also love your cards. Am jealous of the beautiful sunshine. Thanks for sharing.

Diana said...

Beautiful tree and table. ADORABLE card Dawn!

Tiffany Ervin said...

What a treat Dawn, putting up the tree - crafting - and lots of yummy dessert, now that is totally my kind of day, love it!! Thanks for sharing, did you save me one of those cupcakes! *wink*

Jacqueline said...

I love the look of the cupcake tree! Beautiful cards too - I have that stamp, but a digi image looks just as effective!

Nancy said...

Your Christmas tree is beautiful...we got our tree on Sunday also. I love that fresh tree smell too! Looks like you had some fun with your Stamp group, at least by the looks of those yummy treats. Your cards are beautiful, I think I need that stamp...you've given me some ideas! Christmas Blessings to you and your family!

Kathy said...

Love your post Dawn..my mouth is watering and love your tree smells good!!! thanks for sharing!
Hugs,Kathy