Monday 4 January 2010

HAPPY Everything!!!

The year starts with Happy... Happy New Year, Happy Birthday to Lisa and then my Mum... so here is HAPPY EVERYTHING.....
I wanted to make a New Years card for my SIL as we were going to spend New Years Eve with them and stay the night.... but I didn't have a New Year stamp- so thought that Happy Everything was just as good... I had been out to my LSS on Tuesday and had a bit of a spend up... got this Hero Arts Cling stamp... It is just delightful - as the middle just begs to have a sentiment added....
Every time I go to Bunnings, I collect paint chip samples - Berger have lovely 4"x4" samples... just the right size to stamp on!!!  The pale lavender is appropriately named "Lavender Bag"  I stamped the image once on the lavender and then once on white card stock which I used my Brillance inks to colour in.  I coloured the leaves in green pencil... then cut out the flowers and stuck them on the purple... I popped dotted the red one for dimension. 

As my SIL and niece were the recipients of the aprons I made with my DD last week, I have took a photo of the two of them together... We call my SIL "The Apprentice" as until a few years ago, she never really had to cook.  Being the youngest of 9, she didn't get to spend much time in the kitchen, then she did her OE in England and stayed with a sister whose husband is a chef, went flatting where others cooked,  meet her husband and went to live in Zimbabwe where she had a cook... it was only since coming to New Zealand six years ago she had to learn to cook.... her kids say they have had some interesting meals..... hence her 12 yr old daughter being better than her!!!!  ( No not really Philippa!!!)
We spend a lovely evening with the family in Papamoa - seeing the New Year in before heading off to bed.  Next morning, after a wonderful breakfast prepared by our nephew, we headed out to our friends Kiwifruit Orchard - about 10kms out of Te Puke.

Their place is just wonderful.  This is looking back up the house from the pool... this got a bit of use in the 2 days we stayed.... The weather was just perfect.  We ate outside both nights as it was so calm.  A perfect break away from the rat race of Auckland!!!

Wow - that was a bit of a long post... so thanks for visiting.
Happy Everything for 2010 to you all.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

And Happy Everything to you too! So fun to hear about your New Year's events....looks like a beautiful place to relax for a bit. Loved the story about your SIL, here's to success in her culinary pursuits. The apron I'm sure will help!
Hugs,
Nancy

Lin said...

Not long at all, I enjoyed reading about your weekend! Sounds like a nice mini-vacation, pool-time, and all! We here in North America are drooling over that picture.......our color of the season is white in most places and there are definitely no pools either!! Thanks so much for taking us away from it all for a few minutes, Dawn!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely picture of your niece and SIL with their adorable aprons! Lovely card and perfect for happy new year. Sounds like a perfectly lovely mini vacation.

Pajalu said...

Wow how did I miss so many wonderful posts. I'm glad that your christmas/new year was wonderful. I love your cards & bookmarks & Em says thankyou so much for her book mark by the way. She loves it. Have a great week xoxoxoxo

Tiffany Ervin said...

Just LOVE your card Dawn, it's very sweet and sassy, great spring time colors!! Great looking aprons, how fun and happy! Hope your year has started out wonderfully for you!

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful card and beautiful aprons! I love the "Happy Everything"! So very clever...Glad you had a Happy New Year with your family.

Vanessa said...

Amazing card and beautiful aprons!! Love them!! Have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Diana said...

So simple and elegant Dawn!

Lucy Abrams said...

Happy new year Dawn. Love your pretty card - that frame stamp is one of my faves. Beautifully used.