Monday 22 February 2010

R.A.K's and a few cards

My mail man has been busy again... this time two lovely ladies whose R.A.K's arrived.
Firstly the super talented Lucy who lives in England had picked me to receive a little something..... a wonderful pink elephant card and some really cute flowers, buttons and a cute little giraffe stamp.  Thank you so much Lucy
And today I received a wonderful card from the equally talented Kathy ( The Daily Marker).  She had made this back in January and I commented on how nice it was and guess what!!! she has sent it to me...How cool was that!.. You can read all about how it was made here.    Thanks Kathy.  It is just awesome and also the lovely little cupcake stamp is really appreciated.

I decided that I wanted to say thank you to the owner of the bach we recently stayed at.  She is the sister of our friend Michael.  So this is what I came up with
 
The lovely flowers are from the ones Lucy sent me and the dark blue edging is from Monika.  

Did a couple of other cards over the weekend, but I'm posting them off to their recipients and will write about them once they get there!!!!  A little R.A.K for someone. 
Plus yesterday afternoon DH and I headed off to the Villa Maria Vineyard ( about 50 mins south of our place) to go to a concert..... TOM JONES!!!!!!  It was a amazing venue.  We had GA tickets and got to choose a spot on the grass to set up our picnic - blanket, chair, picnic basket - listen to some lovely music from The Lady Killers and Hallo Sailor while eating our dinner, followed at 8pm by Tom Jones.... For someone nearly 70, his voice is still vibrant. He sang some of his oldies - Dahlia, What's New Pussycat, Green Green Grass of Home, plus some newer songs as well.....  Total awesome!!!

Not much time for any crafting tonight as it's Crime night on TV.  CSI followed by NCIS LA.  
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the week.

8 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

What Fun Mail Dawn!!! Love the Thank you card you made just perfect...
I saw Tom Jones in Vegas in 1980...I was young and did not think I would like him that much but it was a WONDERFUL show!! Glad you got to get out and have some FUN!

Deirdre said...

Beautiful cards - so fun to get things in the mail. I ordered some HA stuff last week and they arrived this morning...woohoo!

Great to hear that you enjoyed Tom Jones. Love the Thank you card you made too.

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! It's so much fun receiving goodies in the mail, isn't it? So glad you received such pretty cards and lovely gifts! :-)

Suzanne C said...

Love the RAks and the cards. Love getting mail so much fun. Your thank you card is so warm and lovely. How nice and sure to be appreciated. Your outing sounded lovely to sit and enjoy some good music on a nice night. Tom Jones too!

Vanessa said...

Great card, Dawn! And cool RAKs and cards! I love to open mail and find things like these!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Agata said...

Lucky you to receive all of that! And you made a beautiful card yourself! I love those colors!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wonderful cards and goodies Dawn, looks like you are having a great time and your poor mail man, he is working hard for you! ;)

Monika Reeck said...

Dear Dawn..you are a very nice woman..I know that and I can feel how happy you are get this post sweeet card from Lucy and Kathy...your card is simple and beautiful...lovely colors too...have a great day dear Dawn...hugs