Friday 23 July 2010

PaperPlay challenge week 29

One advantage of being home sick is that I can sit in bed and read the blogs!!!!!  I've got another head cold - but this time it's gone to the chest and I've got an infection!!!!  So a couple of days off work... ( even if I did sneak out to see the Auckland Philharmonic Orchestra last night - which was amazing.  Beautiful music) I spend the morning in bed and got up early afternoon and made a card for the Paperplay challenge - Blue Cream and one other colour. 
I stamped the Dogwood stamp with Crushed Olive and Chipped Sapphire distress inks and then used the inks to colour it in.  Edged it with the blue ink and added to a card base that was embossed with a CB folder.  Added the cream ribbon.  It didn't quite turn out how I it pictured in it my head,  but it's okay.

Have also been playing round with some new stamps - lots of half finished cards - and stamped images.  Give me something to do over the weekend.

Thanks for visiting - appreciate your comments and thoughts

12 comments:

Lin said...

Feel better soon, Dawn! I like how this turned out - really vibrant blue! First I'd seen the chipped sapphire in use.

Deirdre said...

Dawn, this is just beautiful. Love it. Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay again this week.

Swaantje said...

Hallo Dawn,
your card is beautiful.
The stamp and the colours
are great.Wonderful work..
Greetings
Swaani

Barb said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, Dawn! Love this pretty card! The blues are wonderful with the cream color!

Kelly Booth said...

So PRETTY Dawn....hope you feel better soon! hugs!

Jill said...

Love your dogwood! Hope you are feeling much better soon!! HUGS!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Ouch, an infection! Wishing you well soon and back on your feet! Amazing you could craft under such pain...love your dogwood colors!

Suzanne C said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well. Get better. The card is beautiful! Lovely shades of blue.

stampingandstitching said...

I hope you are feeling a lot better today Dawn. I'm delighted to see that you're playing along with us again at PaperPlay this week. Gorgeous card! Beautiful embossed background and the dogwoods look so beautiful in these colours!

Julie M said...

Gorgeous card, Dawn - I love the stamp, and the colour scheme is perfect with it. Lucky you living in NZ, it's top of my list of long-haul flight places to visit - someday. And I have second cousins in Auckland too!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Trinh said...

Love the dogwoods in blue, Dawn! Very pretty design. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely in blue Dawn.....I hope now you are already feeling better dear.....nice distressing too...and I love this stamp much...have made a card using this stamp....totally adorable stamp do you agree dear...