Monday 2 August 2010

A happy Clown

I've had a bit of a relapse with my cold and chest infection.... major coughing... every hour on the hour last night!!!  Not much fun for me or hubby either as when I did sleep I was snoring badly!!!! ( Think he was making that up though!)  So a visit to the doctor again... more antibiotics and also some Predisone  and two days off work.  I took my first dose of the antibiotic at lunch time but as I need to not lie down for half and hour, I decided to do some creating.

Judy had made some totally adorable Clown cards for the Cards for Kids project and I thought they were just adorable.  I went to KLM Designs website and found that they had a single digi image of Carl the Clown - so I just had to buy him.... I resized him to around 3 1/4 inches tall and printed out an A4 page ( 6 images)

I coloured the image with watercolour pencils and added some accents and dots with a white gel pen.  The background PP is from this digi kit.  I recoloured it in PSE8 and resized to fit an A6 sheet.  I stamped an old Hero Arts sentiment along the bottom.  I cut an oval scalloped and sponged it with Tumbled Glass DI before taking the die off.  I stamped the balloon ( Rosie's Studio) and lengthened the string before cutting out.  I pop doted the clown and then slipped the end of the string under him anchored it directly to the scallop to look like it is behind him!  Finally added some pearls for his eyes and buttons.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day.

10 comments:

Lin said...

So sorry to hear that your virus is hanging on; sounds like some chicken soup is in order! But glad to see that it's not keeping you from stamping - this clown is adorable! Perfect for cards for kids!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable card. Sorry you are still not feeling well. Hope the antibiotics work more quickly.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, this is so sweet, love the whimsical image! I'm sad to hear you're coughing again, coughing is never fun and so disruptive to our lives...really hope you get better soon! Take care!

Virginia L. said...

LOVE this clown image and you colored it so fabulously!! Hope your cold will go away soon! MUST get better before your BIG trip :)

Barb said...

Awww, so sorry you're not feeling well again, Dawn! I hate coughs! They either hang on forever or the come back! Hope you get rid of it again soon! I love this card! The clown is so cute and you've colored him beautifully! What a wonderful idea to use the actual die as a mask when distressing. I'll have to try that! Hope you sleep better tonight, my friend!

stampingandstitching said...

Dawn, I'm so sorry to hear that you've had a relapse, that's such a pain. I hope the medication will kick in soon. Your card is so cute! Beautiful colouring on the sweet little clown image and I love that you have added polka dots too! Take care.

Nat said...

sorry to hear your under the weather, hope you get better soon. Super sweet clown, lovely design!! :)

Jill said...

Such a cute card! I hope you feel better SOON! Thinking of you, my friend!

Monika Reeck said...

Super cuuute Images Dawn and cute and fun card too....hugs

Suzanne C said...

Another fun clown! Great coloring on the image. Adorable card.