Friday 29 October 2010

Black White and a Splash of ............

Burgundy.  That's this week challenge over at Play Date Cafe.  Here is the fabulous inspirational photo
Isn't that just gorgeous.  I just love challenges with Black and White and a splash of colour.... they are so much fun.

So here's what I came up with
PDCC #53


I have had this little Inkadinkado stamp for a while now but it's never been stamped so broke it out and stamped it twice... once on white card and once on the burgundy bazzil - cut out the cardinal and popped him with tiny pop dots over the black and white.  Cut the image with a square nestibility and mounted it onto the burgundy scallop.   Add the ribbon and sentiment by Stamp-it.  I quite like stamping my sentiments straight onto the card.... gives a more clean look I think.   All in all, I am pleased how this turned out.  My original thoughts were to use a butterfly cut out with my new Martha Stewart Monarch butterfly punch - got it today and the Burgundy bazzil, but changed my mind.... maybe I'll work on the other idea tomorrow at stamping group.  Some of us are meeting round at Glenda's for a day's stamping.  Have the butterfly double punched already to go!!!

Off to pack the bag ~  trying to think what I'll need.

Enjoy the weekend all..
Ciao for now

14 comments:

Lin said...

Love your take on the challenge, Dawn! Beautifully done!

Anne said...

Beautiful card for the PDCC challenge- love the little bird and the scalloped shape!

Sue Lelli said...

Dawn, this is BEAUTIFUL! LOVE how you cut out the bird and popped it! That detail just makes your card!

CinnamonSally said...

Stunning card for the Play Date Challenge Dawn,love your little bird. great colours this week. I have made mine but its so dull here today I can't get a decent photo, perhaps tomorrow.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Very Elegant Dawn. I do like the colour combination. It is rare for me to use Black in my cards. This looks great I must say.
Smiles:)

Barb said...

So pretty, Dawn! Love your take on the colors! Nicely done!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely Christmas card, great CAS Design. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love that stamp and you used it in such a lovely way! Glad you are enjoying the color splash with us at the PDCC.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very elegant and such classy colors used on this card!

Maria said...

Beautiful card with lovely bird image...so pretty!

Zue said...

Very neat...love the little bird
Sue xx

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful take on the challenge colors, love this design!

Monika Reeck said...

what an elegant card Dawn...this is one I love from all your card this week...really elegant and great colors you have used...love this dear...hugs

Sarah Anderson said...

This is such an elegant card Dawn, so clean and simple :) Thanks so much for joining us at the play date cafe with this lovely card