Thursday 28 October 2010

Happy Mail and the "Sale that wasn't"

Today had it's ups and downs.... starting with the fact that the Social Club cancelled tonight's market sale - 3 of the 6 stall holders pulled out on Tues and they decided not to go with just 3:-(  and I got short notice (yesterday) that I had been shortlisted for a job and the interview was today at 2.30.  It was a bummer.... they asked really difficult questions so unlike what I was used to and I felt totally unprepared!!!!!  Oh well, what will be will be.... so that was the down part....

now for the up part.... I arrived home to a lovely envelope that came all the way from Garner, North Carolina... from the lovely Anne....  Anne recently hosted an ATC challenge over at 2peas and I was lucky enough to win her lovely ATC
 She also asked if anyone wanted to trade.... for this ATC
so I said I would like to... and I sent her my ATC
Today I got an email to say my ATC's had arrived at Anne's and when I got home.... her lovely ATC's were here together with a matching card...
Isn't this just lovely.  I can tell you it lifted my spirits when I got home.  So thanks Anne... I really appreciate counting you as a friend.

I also received some other happy mail last week from Paula. a beautiful card, some lovely stamped images and some stickles.

  Thank you Paula


Thanks for preserving tonight... a bit of a long read... hope you enjoyed it though,
Almost the weekend......

10 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Such wonderful mail you received and sent. Love your fun ATC. Sorry about the job interview. That is a tough one. :( and that your craft show was canceled. :( Glad the mail lifted your spirits!

Barb said...

So nice to know there are friends around the world that can lift us when we're down! Love the ATC's! Sending a hug to you, my friend!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Aww...BIG hugs to you for all the bad news, so tough! I am glad the happy mail was able to brighten up your day, great to have loving friends all around us!

Anita Rex said...

Oh no! That sucks that they canceled the sale, slightly annoying with the late notice after you worked so hard to prepare! And not much fun with a short notice interview! BUT I am happy you received such pretty happy mail! Comes right when you needed it huh?

Tomo H. said...

Hi, Dawn! Today is ups and downs day? I also send my hugs to you for the bad things. ;)
Thank you for sharing the beautiful creations in the happy mails and made by yourself! All of them are so lovely! :)

Virginia L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Virginia L. said...

Oh DEAR! I so wish the job thing will work out for you, but I'm glad these lovely ATCs lifted your spirit!! Sending you happy hugs! TGIF!!

Pajalu said...

Dawn I hope that all went well for the interview & am sorry that your stall was cancelled. I am glad that your mail was "happy" sending huge hugs to you xoxoxoxoxoxo

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Dawn! Thank you so much for your kind words. I adore the ATC you sent me! So sorry that you had a bummer of a day, but extremely happy that I could brighten it a bit! :-)

Monika Reeck said...

oh so sorry about your interview story Dawn..but you got a cutteee ATC and lovely card too in purple Dawn..and great card from Paula too...and stickles ooh you are lucky Dawn...hugs