Tuesday 26 October 2010

More Starry night cards...

This coming Thursday I am having a stall at my work - the Social Club is having a Market Evening.... I sorted through my cards and found I have well over 80 sitting there!!!  Make them for challenges etc and then just pop them in the trolley behind me... and sort of forget what's there.... Anyway I found I didn't have many extra Christmas ones... the last lot of Starry Night ones I want to keep to send out at Christmas, so got a bit of a production line going over the weekend.  I started by inking up the brayer and running it over the stamp - Used a rainbow pad of chalk ink that was given to me.  It is really long so I used half of it for one lot of cards and half for another.  Then I tried some distress inks... they didn't work as well as the multi colours but I did end up with one card that I really love ( and won't be selling!!!)
this is it:


I used a new Distress ink I got on Saturday called Pumice Stone.  It is a sort of grey colour.  When I first stamped it I thought - Blah don't like that... but then came up with the design - and in the end it turned out to be my favourite.  I used an old Hero Arts set ( from 2 years ago) to make the background.  All the stamps are Hero Arts on this one.

My next one was inspired by Lin with her lovely pink card here.  I CASE'd it almost as it was, just using a CB background instead of stamps and used a different sentiment.  Other than that ---
The next two used the same colours for the stamping, the same starry flourish for background but just different colours and sentiments.



If you can't tell I LOVE this Starry Night stamp and can see a few more multi coloured cards being made and another one or two of the grey one...


Thanks for stopping by tonight... I think tomorrow will be flat tack getting things organised for Thursday so you might not see me around for a day or two

18 comments:

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn, Loved seeing all your fantastic christmas cards. They all look amazing. I can see why you love the grey one it's a real stunner :D xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Barb said...

These are all so gorgeous, Dawn! I love what you're doing with this wonderful stamp! It's one of my faves too! Beautiful work, my friend!

Lin said...

I love your cards using this stamp; think it will be my main one for my cards this year, too. Thanks so much for the mention, my friend, and I'm bookmarking this post for future ideas!

CinnamonSally said...

These are all lovely cards Dawn, love the way you are using that stamp!!Good Luck with the sale. :0)

Anita Rex said...

Hi Dawn! I never really liked that stamp but after seeing your cards DO I EVER! So lovely! WOW! I hope you do amazing at work selling your cards! I think you will! :>

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
You certainly took advantage of the long weekend. Well done. I can vouch that this stamp done this way looks way better than what the photographs are showing you. They are impressive.
Smiles:)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really gorgeous Dawn, love seeing the many variations you can get just from this one stamp, this will be a classic HA stamp for everyone!

Nancy said...

Oh glory be...those cards are so inspiring, Dawn!! Starry Night is my absolute favorite stamp right now...and you've given me some gorgeous ideas!
blessings to you!

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Great cards, Dawn. Very lovely. Hugs.

CraftyC said...

Beautiful cards dawn & love the backgrounds!
Clairex

Rosemary said...

beautiful cards, dawn! you are making magic with that stamp! i can see why you love it!

Deirdre said...

These are stunning Dawn... good luck at the sale.

Jill said...

I can't get enough of all of your creations with this stamp! They are all so beautiful in their own unique ways! So creative! Hugs!!!

Suzanne C said...

Love this stamp too and you certainly have made beautiful cards highlighting it as well! Gorgeous cards!

Ayana Posadas said...

These cards are absolutely beautiful! I really love the colors on the second one! So pretty!

Tomo H. said...

Oh wow! Love these, Dawn! Amazing coloring or the directions to use the Starry Night stamp! I really like these! So beautiful!
And thank you so much Dawn for your lovely word! I always appreciate you.
Tomo

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Dawn! These are all so gorgeous! :-)

Monika Reeck said...

Like Ayana I really love the second one too the colors are fabulous Dawn...hugs