Wednesday 13 October 2010

Block background




I've been following Jennifer McGuire's latest Thinking Inking over at 2Peas. This week she used an acrylic block to stamp her background and this is what I did on this bookmark. I used Shabby Shutters and Vintage Photo smooched on my largest block, well spritzed with water and perfect pearls and then over stamped with Friends definition and the poppies. I coloured the poppies using Jennifer's technique from last weeks Thinking Inking- using the distress ink as a paint.  Because I used my big block, I managed to do a half a page at a time.... so got enough to do 2 bookmarks. 

Am off to do some more... I'm having a stall at work on the 28th so need to get some stock on hand.

Thanks for visiting... Ciao for now

6 comments:

Barb said...

Love the bookmark, Dawn! I'll bet the shimmer from the perfect pearls is gorgeous in real life! Lovely coloring on the poppies too! :)

Scrumplescrunch said...

I just love this stamp Dawn, I have done a similar Technique to Jennifer
with my Penny Black flower Stamp. It is a fun way to using inks in a different way.

Betty said...

hi dawn - your poppy bookmark is lovely - that is one of my favorite stamps.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful bookmark! Love the text background over the distressed background.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wonderful bookmark, loving the technique that Jennifer is showing! The Friends Def. background goes well with the poppies image!

Monika Reeck said...

love this Images too Dawn and great coloring...wonderfully done...hugs